Last Updated October 5, 2021
Our Advertising Philosophy
At Zynga, our mission is to connect the world through games. We intend to fulfill our mission in a fun and social manner while ensuring a quality user experience. Every element of our games, including the Ads, should contribute to and be consistent with the overall user experience. Thus, we are committed to protecting our user experience by keeping our games safe, consistent, and free from intrusive, low-quality advertising.
Zynga Trademarks and Intellectual Property
You shall not mention or refer to Zynga or any of Zynga’s brand or products in Ads in any manner, including in the title, body, image, destination URL, or landing page. You shall not use Zynga logos, trademarks, or game-specific terminology in Ads. You shall not emulate Zynga game or site features in Ads. You shall not mention third parties that host or distribute Zynga games or properties (such as Apple, Google, and Facebook) in Ads. You may reference Zynga virtual game currencies in Ads or on the landing page of an Ad if virtual game currency is being exchanged for completing an action specific to an Ad.
Ad Copy and Content
Ads must directly relate to, and not significantly differ from, the content on the landing page. Ads must clearly represent the company, product, or brand that is being advertised. Ads cannot insult, harass, or threaten a user. Ads cannot contain audio or other media that plays automatically, without a user’s interaction. Ads cannot infringe copyrights or trademarks. Ads must contain price and billing frequency for offers that are subscriptions or ultimately bill a user on a recurring or auto-renewing basis (see Subscription Offers below). Ads must not contain images or text that flash or blink rapidly (e.g., more than once every two seconds, and must not remain flashing or blinking for more than ten seconds).
Landing Pages and Destination URLs
Ads that contain a URL or domain in the body must link to that same URL or domain. Ads must send all users to the same landing page when the ad is clicked. Landing pages cannot generate a pop-up (including “pop-overs” and “pop-unders”) when a user enters or leaves the page. Landing pages cannot use “fake” close behavior (i.e., When a user clicks the ‘close’ icon on the page, the page should close down and no other behavior should result). Landing pages cannot utilize “mouse trapping” whereby the advertiser does not allow users to use their browser “back button” and traps them on their site and/or present any other unexpected behavior (e.g., navigation to another ad or page). Landing pages cannot auto-adjust the dimensions of a user’s browser (screen takeover). Landing pages cannot pop or auto-launch a download to a user’s computer. If virtual game currency is being awarded and is displayed in the Ad, landing pages must only offer the amount of Zynga virtual game currency specified in the Ad that initiated the user click. If the virtual game currency awarded is variable and based on the amount a user spends at a destination site via an online transaction, the ratio of real dollars spent to virtual game currency awarded must equal the ratio specified in the Ad.
Prohibited Ad Categories
You shall not place or deliver the following types of Ads:
- Offers that collect a user’s phone number and charge a user’s phone bill
- “Get rich quick” and other money-making opportunities that offer compensation for little or no investment, including money making schemes positioned as alternatives to part-time or full-time employment
- Quizzes, surveys, and similar mechanics where the questions presented to users have no relationship to the product being advertised (See Surveys below for exceptions)
- Co-registration paths and sites that collect user information for an offer or multiple offers that are not listed in the Ad, including offers often referred to as co-reg, reg-path, email-submit, phone-submit, and email subscription
- Ads with destination URLs that encourage, require, or force users to scroll through or click through ads to reach or complete the offer originally advertised
- Ads with destination URLs that display offers unrelated to the Ad once a user enters any personal information.
- Personal finance ads offering any type of loan, debt consolidation, debt counseling, debt settlement, credit cards (or similar products), credit score or credit report services offered as “free,” and pawn or consignment services such as “cash for gold” offers
- Ads for gambling including any online casino, sports books, bingo, poker, or keno
Prohibited Ad Content
You shall not place or deliver the Ads containing any of the following content:
- Illegal activity
- Offensive, profane, vulgar, obscene or inappropriate language
- Obscene, defamatory, libelous, slanderous and/or unlawful content
- Tobacco products
- Ammunition, firearms, paintball guns, bb guns, explosives or weapons of any kind
- Scams, pyramid schemes, or chain letters
- Contests and sweepstakes unless given written permission by Zynga
- Adult content, including nudity, sexual terms, prostitution, escort services and/or images of people in positions or activities that are excessively suggestive or sexual, provocative images in violation of Zynga standards, adult toys, videos, or other adult products
- Adult friend finders or dating sites with a sexual emphasis
- Illegal drugs, prescription drugs available without a prescription, unapproved pharmaceutical products, or dietary or nutritional supplements unless such supplement ad is approved by Zynga
- Spy cams or illegal surveillance equipment
- Web-based non-accredited colleges that offer degrees
- Inflammatory religious content
- Politically religious agendas and/or any known associations with hate, criminal and/or terrorist activities
- Content that exploits political agendas or uses “hot button” issues for commercial use regardless of whether the advertiser has a political agenda
- Hate speech, whether directed at an individual or a group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language of such individual or group
- Content that advocates against any organization, person, or group of people, with the exception of candidates running for public office
- Content that depicts a health condition in a derogatory or inflammatory way or misrepresents a health condition in any way
Ads cannot be deceptive or fraudulent. If an Ad includes a price, discount, or “free” offer, the destination URL for the Ad must link to a page that clearly and accurately offers the exact deal the Ad has displayed; and the Ad must clearly state what action or set of actions is required to qualify for the offer.
You may only place Ads for subscription services (such as services with recurring billing or automatic renewal of products or services) with Zynga’s prior written consent and provided that: (1) the advertised property, landing page, and any page requiring the entry of the user’s personal information clearly and accurately displays the price and billing interval; (2) the word “free” is not used in a misleading manner; (3) the mechanism for obtaining the user’s agreement to the terms of the subscription comply with applicable law and requires the affirmative active of checking an opt-in box or similar mechanism acknowledging the terms of the subscription; and (4) all of the foregoing items are located in a prominent place on your webpage or application and are easy to find, read, and understand.
Your Ads may link to legitimate surveys provided that those surveys do not lead to, link to, or are tied to any other offer. Surveys cannot present a user with any offer or promotion. Surveys that collect any personal information cannot use or pass on a user’s personal information to any offer, advertiser, or 3rd party. Surveys cannot ask a user if they would like to be contacted regarding any product or service.
Data and Privacy
You shall only deliver Ads that comply with these Guidelines and shall use human and technological solutions to ensure compliance of your Ads with these Guidelines. Zynga may monitor ads and offers to ensure compliance. For Ads that are served based on location data, Zynga may monitor Ads from IP addresses around the world. Zynga may remove Ads that violate these Guidelines and may take enforcement action against you if you violate these Guidelines including but not limited to removing all traffic from and ceasing to do business with you.