AVAILABLE POSITIONS Architect – Central Technology
Zynga’s software engineers don’t just develop some of the world’s popular games, we deliver some of the world’s largest infrastructures! Our engineers are blazing trails in all facets of game design, mobile development, web technologies, and massive scalability. Zynga faces a number of technical challenges—but many are unique to our scale: the evolving landscape of online gaming requires us to continually push boundaries. Zynga software engineers pick up any languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution doesn’t exist, we innovate as necessary. Our software engineers are comfortable moving between front-end, back-end, and architecture roles.
Zynga is seeking an experienced engineer to join our Central Technology team. You will be working alongside a seasoned group of veteran engineers specializing in building robust, high-scale, mission-critical products and services that drive features in our biggest games. You will own full-stack development for all of our products from building microservices, DevOps, deployment, and client integration. Join us as we solve challenges developing and operating products at scale, impacting millions of players daily and support our games to achieve the highest levels of success through expertly crafted software. No gaming experience is needed for the right candidate.
- Build and lead large-scale backend services to be consumed by millions of users across mobile and web clients
- Analyze and improve performance, scalability, reliability and measurability of system components.
- Guide integration with mobile clients, internal systems, and game team infrastructure
- Collaborate with technical teams and integration partners on new and emerging technologies, figuring out how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure.
- Mentor junior engineers and drive a culture of technical excellence.
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture in order to assess implications and dependencies associated with design decisions.
- Drive improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic challenges and technical debt.
- 8+ years of software development experience, at least 1 of which in a technical leadership role
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Extensive experience building and managing large-scale server applications in a cloud based environment, including server monitoring, provisioning, maintenance, and live-ops
- Extensive backend programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Go
- Exhibit strong software development qualities including proficiency in driving creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, exemplifying good technical judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge or experience with mobile client development is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ELBs, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, etc)
- Additional expertise in other languages like C++, C#, Python, or PHP
- Experience with containers and its related technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Strong grasp of TCP, HTTP, server profiling tools, and debugging in a live environment
What do we offer?
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParentsand more
- Dog Friendly offices
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time