AVAILABLE POSITIONS Lead VFX Artist
Ready for your next adventure?
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. We are proud members of the Take-Two Interactive and Zynga families, and we are on a mission to offer a great gaming experience and bring fun to everyone!
Here at Socialpoint, we are delighted to be looking for a Lead VFX Artist to join our Studio. As a member of the technical team, your job will involve creating all kinds of special effects based on particle systems, trails, models and other 3D elements.
You will work closely with the technical team members during the development of the game and for the company's Research and Development. At the same time, you’ll work in synchronicity with the art leads to ensure the highest quality and wow-factor of all the special effects inside each project.
Your quest will involve:
- Design and create visually pleasing special effects for a variety of projects in Socialpoint.
- Maintain a consistent style with the project working hand in hand with the lead artist and the Art Director.
- Collaborate with the Technical artists, Designers and other team members in order to maximise the project's visual spectacularity using particle systems and other elements.
- Supervision and optimisation of all the special effects used on each project.
To join our Guild you’ll need:
- A high level of English, both written and spoken (English is our official language)
- Experience creating particle systems and other effects using 3DSMax and Unity.
- In-depth knowledge of the real-time techniques used in video-game development
- Experience in the gaming industry.
- Highly motivated and passionate about videogames
- In-depth knowledge of Unity
- In-depth knowledge of 3DSMax
- In-depth knowledge of Photoshop
What’s in it for you?
We have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here).
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays.
- A very generous ticket-restaurant to restore some life-points.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, to keep your health bar full.
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet).
- Free language lessons (English & Spanish ).
- Spotify Premium to add that special soundtrack that every adventure deserves.
- Legendary social events & parties to let off some steam.
- Players develop…Oops, sorry! People development is key for us: an amazing budget just for you to spend skilling up your abilities & knowledge to achieve real growth opportunities!
Coming to work in the office? Don’t worry – we have you covered. Check out some of our onsite benefits:
- State of the art gym facilities so you can level up your build stats.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist for any aches and pains.
- A massive gaming room equipped with all consoles and games you could ask for.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet; it's a Guild perk).
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Art & Animation
Careers location: Barcelona, Spain
Connected Worker Type: Onsite
Requisition Id: 30
Select Your Country of Residence