Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last updated: May 2022
This Privacy Notice explains how Zynga Inc. and its affiliated companies (collectively, “Zynga”, “we”, “our”, “us”) process the personal information of job applicants. It is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations. The Zynga entity to which you submit your application will be the data controller of your personal information, which means they are responsible for and determine how your personal information is processed.
2. What is personal information?
The term “personal information” in this Privacy Notice, means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you. It does not include aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with you.
3. Personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you when you apply for a job with us and during the recruitment process which depending on the location, may include information such as:
- Contact Details: your full name, email address, home address and telephone number.
- Professional History & Qualifications: your previous employers, positions and work experience, professional licenses, certificates or other qualifications, and employment references or referrals.
- Educational History & Qualifications: your highest level of education, the educational institution you attended and when, degrees, certificates or other educational qualifications, your transcripts, and educational references.
- Financial Information: salary, bonus, benefits, expenses, and stock or equity grants.
- Background Check Information: when permitted by applicable law, we may choose to conduct a background check in connection with your application to verify professional and educational history and qualifications or identify criminal history that may be relevant for a position with us. The results of the background check may include personal information we do not already have about you.
- Equal Opportunity Information – when you choose to provide it, this includes: age, race, ethnicity, nationality, citizenship, sex, gender identity, preferred pronouns, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, or accommodation request. This personal information will not be used in the hiring decision, unless specifically permitted by law.
- Other Information: any personal information you choose to share with us in your interview or application, such as: CV, resume, transcripts, immigration and work authorization requirements, technical exercises, presentations, or other supporting documentation.
- Results of assessments: any test results, evaluations, or assessments required to ascertain suitability for specific roles.
- Web-Related Information: such as technical details about your visit to our online services, or analytics data relating to your usage and activity on our online services. For more information, please refer to the general Privacy Notice on our website.
4. Personal information we collect from third parties
Although we often collect the personal information described above directly from you, we may also collect certain information from references, recruiters, job-related social media sites, and publicly available sources. In addition, we may also collect this information through service providers and other third parties that collect it on our behalf, such as providers of communications, background checks, scheduling, and applications.
5. Our use of personal information
We use the personal information we collect during the recruiting process and when you apply for a job with us to:
- identify you as a potential candidate and review your application for a position with us;
- verify the information provided to us in connection with your application or received from other sources;
- determine your eligibility and suitability for the potential position or other opportunities with us;
- review immigration status including supporting visa applications;
- facilitate the recruiting and interview process, including pre-hire actions where applicable;
- communicate with you about the status of your application or other opportunities with us that may be of interest to you;
- undertake administrative functions (such as coordinating travel accommodations and providing relocation services);
- assess and improve the performance and success of our recruiting and hiring process, staff planning and administration;
- support a diverse workplace and promote diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunities;
- conduct internal investigations, audits, compliance, risk management, problem resolution and security operations;
- comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations, legal proceedings, enforcement actions, and government investigations, including relating to tax reporting and immigration.
6. The lawful basis we rely on to process your personal information
Zynga processes your personal information based on several legal grounds depending on the jurisdiction you are in, the nature of the information and the processing involved. For the following grounds, our processing is necessary to:
- Pursue our legitimate interests – to review your application, communicate with you and manage your job application for positions with us, including extending any job offer to you and completing the steps necessary to further the employment relationship.
- Comply with a legal obligation – certain types of processing are necessary such as establishing or obtaining the right to work in certain jurisdictions and retaining information for fixed periods of time to comply with local legal requirements on record keeping.
- Take steps prior to entering a contract with you or, where applicable, necessary for conducting human resource management – to assess your application, and your suitability for a role, to assess any entitlement to benefits, to set up any resources or assistance required for any potential role.
Another legal ground we rely on is the voluntary consent provided by you:
- Consent – In certain countries and in some limited situations, Zynga relies on your voluntary consent to process your personal information. Without such consent, we are not able to progress your application. Where you have provided consent, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us at the email below.
7. Your rights
Depending on where you are located, you may have certain statutory rights in relation to your personal information including rights to:
- Information: to know what personal information we are processing and why.
- Access: to request a copy of your personal information.
- Rectification: to request correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate.
- Erasure: in certain circumstances, to request deletion of your personal information where the continued processing is no longer necessary.
- Object: to the processing of your personal information particularly where there are no longer sufficient legitimate grounds to continue such processing.
- Restrict: to request that we limit the processing of your personal information.
- Portability: in certain circumstances, you may request that your personal information is transferred to a third party.
If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please email email@example.com. We will not charge you a fee for dealing with your request, other than where the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive (such as if you submit several repeated requests), in which case we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs. We may also ask you to provide certain information to help us confirm your identity.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection authority and you can obtain the relevant contact details from us by using the email address at the end of this Privacy Notice.
8. Recipients of personal information
- Zynga entities: We are headquartered in the United States and operate globally. Your personal information will be provided to the Zynga entity that has posted the position for which you are applying and may be transferred to other Zynga entities (or to acquiring or acquired entities) to pursue our legitimate interests in connection with group-wide employee planning and administration (including staffing, succession planning, forecasting, budgeting, investment decisions, and training and performance management). You can find a list of our Zynga entities here.
- Service providers: we may share your personal information with third parties that perform services for us on our behalf in connection with:
- the provision of centralized human resources management;
- the provision of centralized I.T and administrative infrastructure;
- centralized processing of salary and benefits’ payments;
- obtaining professional services such as legal and accountancy;
- reviewing immigration status including supporting visa applications;
- coordinating travel accommodations and relocation services;
- the improvement of our recruitment and staff experience;
- conducting background checks; and
- the provision of professional recruitment services.
- Other third parties: Zynga may transfer your personal information to government agencies, regulators, or authorities (such as tax authorities or law enforcement), social insurance carriers, or courts, or where otherwise required or permitted by applicable law (which may include lawful access by foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities).
- Sale or merger: Where we consider a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets, we may disclose or transfer your personal information to the purchaser.
9. Security safeguards in place
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented appropriate technical, administrative, organizational, and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification.
10. Cross-border transfers of personal information
- We may transfer your personal information outside of the country where you are located. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to a jurisdiction that may not provide an equivalent level of data protection.
- Where we transfer your personal information internationally, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that your personal information is treated securely, lawfully, and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Where personal information originates in the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area (the EEA – which consists of the EU member states, plus Iceland, Norway, and Liechtenstein), Zynga will enter into appropriate data transfer agreements such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. or other legally authorized method to legitimize such transfer.
- We will store the personal information we collect about you for no longer than necessary and in accordance with our legal obligations and our legitimate interests.
- If your application is not successful, we will hold your personal information to contact you (unless you have asked us not to) about any other relevant employment opportunities that may arise with Zynga. We will retain your personal information for a period of 24 months after the submission date of your application unless you request that we delete your application.
- Where you have given us your consent to process certain Equal Opportunities Information, we may anonymize and aggregate this information and store it in such form that does not personally identify you, for the purpose of monitoring and improving the application and recruitment process.
12. Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice at any time by publishing an updated version here. When we make any changes, we will amend the revision date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice.
Contact us – If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.