AVAILABLE POSITIONS VFX Artist
VFX Artist – New Star Wars IP
NaturalMotion, BossAlien is Zynga Inc. subsidiary
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz. The awards were created to identify excellence in games industry employment and to help improve working conditions. We are extremely proud to be a winner alongside our industry colleagues and strive to constantly improve the working culture for our staff.
Summary and Purpose
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family, our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our VFX team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipelines.
Successful VFX candidates will need to deliver assets within the confines of real-time engine constraints and programming and gameplay requirements. The FX Artist possesses the ability to work both independently and in cooperation with the Art Director, Animators and Designers to develop visually stunning in-game FX elements for game environments and characters as well as contribute to the development and enhancement of particle effect systems, tools, and pipelines.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Art Director to create memorable FX for all areas of the game
- Produce high quality VFX
- Technical implementation of FX
- Have effective pipelines and filing for asset management
- Work with Producers to create your schedule
Experience & Skills
- Demonstrate experience with console and/ or IOS / Android platform development.
- Experience in Unity or Unreal
- Experience with fluid simulation experience with Maya, Houdini or equivalent
- Fluent knowledge of at least one major 3D package (Max, Maya)
- Excellent technical and artistic problem-solving skills
- Efficient organization and communication skills and ability to prioritize and execute ideas within a schedule.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about making games
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time