AVAILABLE POSITIONS VFX Artist – Star Wars
We are BossAlien, an award-winning developer of mobile games based in Brighton, UK and part of the NaturalMotion family of game studios. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling game experiences to mobile platforms, and we’re fortunate to have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz for five years running. We are very proud to be a winner alongside our industry colleagues and strive to constantly improve the working culture for our staff.
We are looking for a VFX Artist to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in crafting Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
As a key member of our VFX team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and apply innovative technology and content pipelines. You will need to deliver assets within the confines of real-time engine constraints and programming and gameplay requirements. The VFX Artist possesses the ability to work both independently and in cooperation with the Art Director, Animators and Designers to develop visually spectacular in-game VFX elements for game environments and characters as well as contribute to the development and improvement of particle effect systems, tools, and pipelines.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with the craft leaders to build memorable FX for all areas of the game
- Produce high quality VFX
- Technical implementation of FX
- Have effective pipelines and filing for asset management
- Work with Producers to build your schedule
Experience & Skills
- Demonstrate experience with console and/ or IOS / Android platform development.
- Experience in Unity or Unreal
- Experience with fluid simulation experience, Maya, Houdini or equivalent
- Proficient knowledge of at least one major 3D package (Max, Maya)
- Excellent technical and artistic problem-solving skills
- Efficient organization and communication skills and ability to prioritize and complete ideas within a schedule.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about making games
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players
- around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday, plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Art & Animation
Careers location: Brighton, UK
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite
Select Your Country of Residence