AVAILABLE POSITIONS UX Designer
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in building communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz!
We are seeking a User Experience Designer.
As a member racing team, you will contribute in developing and executing the UX vision of CSR2. Participating in building innovative, user-centered design solutions that promote ease of use and provide outstanding player experiences that are optimised for mobile devices.
You will contribute to all phases of the design process including conceptual design, prototypes, user/task flows, and game integration. The user Experience is responsible for maintaining the visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, and consistency throughout the game. Collaborate with game designers, product managers, artists, producers, data scientists and engineers on the execution of designs.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
As User Experience Designer you will be an active part of the design team. Reporting to the lead UX designer, you will be involved in:
- Discuss with game designers the design specifications with usability and accessibility in mind
- Ensuring consistency across our games
- Understand existing data about users behaviours, archetypes, and apply it to the development of the features
- Provide fresh input about user research and testing
- Be the user advocate and represent the players’ needs
- Collaborate with Game Designer, Product Managers and Producers by analysing users flows and, when required, producing wireframes
- Run Playtests to test assumptions
- Run usability tests to check usability issues
- Keep an eye on competitors and industry trends
Required Experience & Skills
- Degree in Multimedia, Graphic Design, Computer Science, Interaction Design, HCI, Psychology, Cognitive Science or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience with the different phases of the UX design process. Pure UI designers will not be considered.
- Work experience with qualitative and quantitative data.
- Solid knowledge of user research methodologies.
- Consolidate knowledge and experience of testing methodologies.
- Portfolio of projects that proves your methodology and design process.
- Working knowledge of common prototyping software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and are able to articulate, present, and speak clearly about design decisions.
- Nice to have: Passion for gaming in general, not just within the mobile space.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga and exercise classes
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Game Design & Production
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time