AVAILABLE POSITIONS UX Designer – Star Wars
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past five years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We’re looking for someone that loves creating and crafting outstanding user interfaces in addition to being passionate about understanding and empathizing with the players of our game and creating experiences that are not only alluring but also functional and appropriate to the spirit of the game. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a game that is based on the award–winning and rich Star Wars universe of characters and storylines.
You will be involved in all phases of the design process, including creating user flows, analysing CI test results, Interacting with CI team, creating wireframes and building prototypes.
You will work closely with the Star Wars: Hunters Franchise Stakeholders to establish and maintain the visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, and consistency for the game and collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to implement design.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Create high-fidelity mock-ups for pre-visualization during pre-production
- Design (and create) functional animation for user interactions
- Collaborate with the product and design teams to conceptualize, define, and develop features that yield extraordinary experiences for our players
- Synthesize the needs of players and all game departments to find solutions that work for all
- Be competent in creating user flows, interface wireframes, prototypes, and design documentation
- Set examples, guides, and standard methodologies in UI/UX for others in your game team
- Lead and participate in company-wide UI/UX community events, critiques, product reviews, and feature retrospectives
- Participate in critiques, product reviews, and retrospectives
Required Experience & Skills
- Visual design skills with regard to color theory, layout and typography
- A veteran in adapting and adhering to an established visual style and building upon it
- Can consistently produce high-quality visual assets for user interfaces
- An accomplished expert with UI layout & design tools (Photoshop, Figma, Sketch, or similar tools)
- Familiarity with collaborative virtual environments (Miro, FigJam)
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work efficiency, handle time effectively, and complete your work with minimal oversight
- Demonstrates proactive self-development and interest in leveling up personal, interpersonal, and craft skills
- Find opportunities to mentor, share your knowledge, insight, and experiences with others
- Able to present complex ideas to diverse audiences and articulate a convincing point of view
- Able to collaborate with proactive communication and a willingness to build consensus with potentially opposing perspectives
- Experienced with prototyping design software (Figma, Sketch, or similar tools) and the prototype development process
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine
- A mastery in classic graphic design principles
- Experience in the gaming industry
- Third-person combat gameplay & sandbox shooter game experience
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday, plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Art & Animation
Careers location: Austin, TX, Brighton, UK, London, UK
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: P212216
Select Your Country of Residence