AVAILABLE POSITIONS UX Design Intern – Summer 2021
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. We are headquartered in San Francisco and have additional offices in the U.S , Canada, U.K and India. Since our founding in 2007, our mission has been to connect the world through games and delight consumers with social gaming experiences. To-date, more than one billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
The Experience Design Intern will work closely with Lead Experience Designers, Game Designers, Engineers, Producers, and Product Managers to help envision, design and implement game feature UI and UX flows
- Work closely with Game Designers to create exciting and effective polished UI/UX that works well with game mechanic systems
- Work closely with Producers and Product Managers to create simple creative solutions to complicated design needs that positively impact player experiences
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university, working towards an undergraduate degree
- Mockup and prototype features according to spec
- Provide a variety of design solutions related to feature needs and requirements
- Identify and troubleshoot UI/UX problems
- Work closely with engineers to implement feature UI elements in Unity
- Implement motion and interaction design
- Rapidly iterate and test a variety of ideas using wireframes, sketches, and fully designed comps when needed
- Use prototyping software to help explore ideas and narrow down concepts
- Partner with engineers to collaborate and iterate in fast-paced design-to-build cycles and ensure your designs are implemented to specification
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Working towards a bachelors or masters in Human-Computer Interaction Design – HCI, Graphic Design – UI.
- Interest in game design.
- Experience with User Interface and User Experience design.
- Understanding of game and interactive design fundamentals.
- Ability to import and build UI elemtents using Unity.
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software such as Figma, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to create art assets matching existing art styles.
- Experience in creating wireframes and storyboards.
- Prototyping with Principle, Origami, Flinto or similar software.
- Pride and responsibility in work with attention to details and good time-management skills.
- A creative and analytical approach to problem-solving.
**Please provide a portfolio in your application and/or on resume**
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
+ Highly competitive salary
+ Remote set up + ramp up
+ Company wide Hackathons
+ Awesome team events
+ Work with the best tools – get your own Macbook
+ Happy Hour every Friday
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Internships, Accelerators & New Grads
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Careers Type: Full-Time