AVAILABLE POSITIONS UI Artist (Star Wars)
Zynga is proud to announce the opening of a brand-new game development studio in Austin, TX. The studio will partner with NaturalMotion, a Zynga-subsidiary, to develop a premiere mobile action game set in the Star Wars universe. The new Austin studio will collaborate closely with BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, and an award-winning games developer based out of Brighton, England.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to take on next-generation thinking and innovative gameplay.
This is a rare opportunity to play a part in the foundation of Zynga’s first action games studio in North America, and to make your mark on a brand-new franchise in the Star Wars universe and the future of mobile gaming.
In this role, you will be responsible for the design of screens, features, and visual languages across the game, ensuring all elements are both intuitive and enjoyable to interact with.
This role will collaborate closely with our Brighton-based team to ensure cohesiveness of the game’s look and feel. You will have an opportunity to develop and share your skills, learn from a diverse team, and collaborate with designers and artists to deliver work that pushes the boundaries of what players think is possible.
- Experience as a UI Artist on at least one shipped game.
- Familiar with providing user interface designs across many use cases (meta screens, combat HUDs, cinematics, etc.)
- Comfortable producing detailed, high quality mockups.
- Competent in iconography as applied to game elements.
- Able to work productively in a variety of development contexts, from prototyping to feature polish.
- Experienced and comfortable with asset management, source control, and basic scheduling.
- Expert with standard art tools of the trade (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects.)
- Refined graphic design and illustration skills.
- Solid understanding of UI design, art and culture.
- Inclusive, collaborative mindset and work style.
- Thoughtful when giving and receiving constructive feedback on work.
- Self-organized and willing to participate in team meetings
- Able to build high quality results consistently and predictably.
- Strong cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written, and visual.
- Anticipates problems and is proactive in solving them.
- Demonstrates a passion for video games.
An exceptional candidate will possess one or more of the following:
- Experience with mobile game development.
- Experience working within agile methodologies.
- Strong illustration skills.
- Expertise in UI mock-up software. (Marvel, XD, or equivalent)
Please include a link to your portfolio, demonstrating knowledge of user interface design, with your application!
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Art
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time