AVAILABLE POSITIONS Tools Engineer
Zynga is looking for the best of breed software engineer with a real passion for tools development, to work on an exciting new game in development. You should possess the passion, experience, and interpersonal skills to work as an invaluable link between our creative and technology teams and own our asset pipeline from Maya to end user screens.
- An expert software developer with 2+ year’s experience and a love of gaming
- A developer with an appetite for working on tools that unlock the best in your colleagues.
- Eager to put the best pixels on screen. You should have a high quality bar and take pride in what you deliver to players.
- Familiar with modern 3D graphics fundamentals.
- Familiar with GLSL.
- Familiar with bash scripting and at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby or similar).
- Familiar with Git or Perforce (ideally both)
- Comfortable working with a mixture of disciplines and creative types
- Become the owner of an established, sophisticated python-based asset pipeline.
- Work with our Technical Director and Art Director to understand the pain points and wants and needs of our art team.
- Be the primary point of contact for our artists to resolve technical issues.
- Enable rapid prototyping of new visual development in engine by developing new shaders and effects.
- Create Unity based tools to enable designers to define rich behaviors for new content.
- Create analytics tools to validate that assets conform to budgets and specifications.
- Collaborate with our QA team to develop test plans for final sign off assets in the engine.
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Dog Friendly offices
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: San Francisco, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time