AVAILABLE POSITIONS Technical Product Manager (Marketing Technology)
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to own key product marketing technology projects, ensuring timely delivery and communication to partners. You will play a key role in developing, planning and implementing strategic team-wide initiatives as well as owning smaller tactical projects. You will also responsible for shaping Zynga’s Marketing toolkit used by our Lifecycle Marketing (LCM) and Product Marketing Management (PMM) teams, game teams and other partner teams.
You’ll partner with external vendors, internal groups and game teams to define & prioritise requirements, balance a set of commitments to predictable execution, facilitating trade-offs along the way. You’ll be experienced at driving execution day to day whilst proactively spotting areas for improvement, then energetically driving those improvements to successful completion.
Examples of the types of projects you will own and complete are tools for social monitoring, campaign attribution, lifecycle marketing, promo codes, deep linking and brand sentiment tracking. You will have a background in marketing and has a passion for leveraging technology to deliver compelling experiences to players.
This role can be based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz. Or from the Zynga studios in Toronto, Austin on Bangalore.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the full product lifecycle, from gathering requirements, prioritising features, analysing competitive landscape, writing specifications, achieving stakeholder alignment, and contributing to the team roadmap
- Exhibit sound product judgment, ability to formulate product strategy and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving our business goals
- Expected to provide valuable input into business cases based on in-depth data analysis and demonstrate how that analysis impacts key product metrics
- Define how we will measure the success and effectiveness of products and track quality. Leverage qualitative consumer insights and quantitative data to inform decisions
- Drive execution from concept to live, ensuring deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Create and improve development and release processes, including effective implementation of agile methods
- Clearly define project scope and schedules which enhance feature quality and output within resource, financial, and licensor constraints
- Coordinate external dependencies with supporting organisations across the company
- Keep the team informed on development results, schedule, and changes via regular status reports. Identify and project risks and work with partner teams to develop mitigation plans
- Solve problems, balance priorities, and find creative solutions to achieve results
- Identify & deconstruct vendor offerings in the market, formulate insights and use them to inform future roadmap direction and build vs/ buy evaluations
- Ability to balance player, partner, and business interests while considering technical integration trade-offs
- Collaborate closely with other technical leaders within Zynga to drive best practices and positive team culture
Required Skills & Experience
- Product management experience on software development projects
- Previous product management experience in mobile, adtech and/or gaming
- Ability to create wire-frames, product specifications and business cases
- Experience working in an agile environment and implementing processes for agile development
- Experience setting-up and running project management tools such as Jira
- Strong negotiation, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Comfortable using Excel to track, model and analyse data
- Familiarity with Compliance / Regulatory requirements a plus (GDPR, CCPA, etc)
- High degree of initiative, takes opportunities to make improvements
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with data analytics and SQL experience
What do we offer (UK benefits)?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Product Management
Careers location: London, UK
Requisition ID: P210260
Select Your Country of Residence