AVAILABLE POSITIONS Technical Director – Star Wars IP
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to craft experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and inspiring communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team developing a new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans.
The team has a tight-knit, sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst utilizing all the benefits that come with being a part of the Zynga family. The team crafts world-leading, action strategy titles on a foundation of trust and camaraderie, with weekly team show and tells, frequent social events and kudos sharing on our ‘Awesome Wall’.
We are looking for a Technical Director who excels at architecting and coding large mobile F2P games, and who proactively seeks out solutions and also encourages ideas from others.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive the definition of the technical architecture for the game on the client side and the coordination with server technology
- We are a close-knit team, and you will collaborate with all departments to build technical and gameplay prototypes for mobile devices
- Ensuring the creation of well-designed, adaptable, and testable software for mobile.
- Architecting and writing production ready code after prototyping
- Mentoring the code team
- Capturing and sharing knowledge across NM and Zynga
Required Experience & Skills
- Developed and released multiple games with Unreal, as senior member of a team
- Deep experience with C++, plus a detailed understanding of mobile CPU and GPU hardware
- You are an authority when it comes to AAA game architecture
- Expertise in multiple areas, such as – NPC behaviour, AI, multiplayer, UI. UX, graphics, tools, systems, game engines
- Have deep understanding of design patterns, memory/performance optimisation, and how to summarise and share knowledge
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experience with Server systems and architectures
- Worked on strategy games in the past
- A strong interest in Star Wars
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time