AVAILABLE POSITIONS Technical Director (Client) – Star Wars IP
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
One Team: Three Epic Games.
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans and Star Wars™: Commander.
The team have a tight-knit, sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst leveraging all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga. The team create world-leading, action strategy titles on a foundation of trust and camaraderie, with weekly team show and tells, frequent social events and kudos sharing on our ‘Awesome Wall’.
We are hiring for a Technical Director to work on our new Star Wars game. We are looking for a Technical Director who excels at architecting and coding large mobile F2P games, and who proactively contributes solutions themselves and also inspires ideas from others. We have small and agile teams starting a new project, so you will thrive working in these environments as the teams and our game grows.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- You will drive the definition of the technical architecture for the game on the client side and the coordination with server technology
- We are a close-knit team, and you will collaborate with all disciplines to create technical and gameplay prototypes for mobile devices
- Ensuring the creation of well-designed, adaptable, and testable software for mobile.
- Architecting and writing production ready code after prototyping
- Mentoring members of the code team
- Gathering and sharing knowledge across NM and Zynga
- You have developed and released multiple game using Unity and Unreal as senior member of the team
- Having taken titles from concept to execution, you have comprehensive experience with both assessing and selecting third party tech solutions, and creating bespoke solutions
- You have deep experience with C# and C++, plus a thorough understanding of mobile CPU and GPU hardware
- You are an authority when it comes to AAA game architecture
- You have subject matter expertise in multiple areas, such as – NPC behaviour, AI, multiplayer, UI. UX, graphics, tools, systems, game engines
- Have deep understanding of design patterns, memory/performance optimisation, and how to summarise and share knowledge
Nice To Haves
- You are experienced with Server systems and architectures
- You have worked on strategy games in the past
- A passion for Star Wars
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time