AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Designer
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are seeking a Technical Level Designer to handle and assist in the creation of environments across NaturalMotion Racing, specifically focusing on enhancing the gameplay experience. You will also contribute and support the implementation of cinematics including the replay camera system.
Working with the design and art teams, you will help identify technology, features, and processes that will be required for future projects, helping translate your thinking into effective and achievable goals.
You will have a deep understanding of how level design supports the gameplay and narrative elements. Able to challenge the status quo in order to improve the quality of the level design workflow and in game camera systems and handle sign off from partners at all levels.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Alongside the AAD and Principle Designer, you will oversee and author the level design requirements for environment development across all NM Racing Titles. Focusing on 1st geo creation and spline authoring. Prototyping gameplay and reference gathering for gameplay opportunities.
- Together with the Cinematic Artist you will support the creation and implementation of cinematic cut scenes as well as in game and replay camera authoring.
- Ensures all level design planning is effective and clearly communicated to the leads.
- You will be able to present with confidence, gravitas and persuasion within the team, organisation and to press.
- You will be able to effectively define and articulate their goals and reasoning in a way that is clearly understandable to different audiences.
- You will help promote and support an Art culture and relevance across the racing team.
Skills and Experience
- Previous level design experience
- Able to lead planning responsibilities with the team’s partners
- Communicates clearly and professionally across disciplines within the team. Clearly explains and summarises key elements of assigned work
- Collaborative approach
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time