AVAILABLE POSITIONS Technical Artist – Racing
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are seeking a Technical Artist to work alongside the Technical Art Director, to handle and iterate pipelines for the NaturalMotion Racing team. The initial goal will be to collaborate with the Level Designer and the Environment Lead to create a road authoring tool using Houdini.
Working under the mantra of “AAA visuals on mobile”, we routinely aim for the highest possible quality bar, comparing our visuals and authoring processes against both mobile and console titles alike, all while supporting a wide range of more than 14,000 mobile devices.
You will have a clear understanding of your role, and be able to use a range of skills to deliver the best achievable results. You provide calm, confident ideas and suggestions within your field of expertise and will be able to identify potential issues before they become problems.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaboration with art and wider disciplines to hit or exceed key visual targets.
- Build and improve tooling and pipelines to boost productivity and quality. Such tooling will require scripting/coding in multiple environments.
- Creating and maintaining art team documentation.
- Evaluating new software and new art authoring techniques.
- Front-line support for pipeline issues and feature requests from the art team.
- You will have aptitude for creating tools using Houdini
- Understanding of the Unity engine
- Knowledge of multiple scripting languages. Knowledge of MEL or Python are advantageous
- Experience of coding in C#, and you will know at least one other programming language
- You will be a problem solver, able to investigate solutions to unsolved problems, to collaborate with Artists and Level Designers, and to logically diagnose pipeline issues and resolve them
- Collaborative team player
- You can communicate clearly and professionally across disciplines within the team, and can clearly explain and summarise key elements of assigned work
- Identify potential cross-discipline dependencies and requirements when planning work, and then collaborate with those discipline teams to deliver a goal.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time