AVAILABLE POSITIONS Technical Artist
Zynga India is looking for a Technical Artist to join the team that brings to life one of the most beloved franchises, GOT Slots! The Technical Artist will be working with a team of Designers, UX, Concept Artists, Animators, Producers and Software Engineers to develop aesthetically appealing and optimal game content in our own advanced version of Cocos Engine. The Technical Artist acts as liaison between engineering and all disciplines, responsible for the planning, implementation, documentation and optimization of art setups to support our game’s animation and design needs. A key member who’s primary role is to support the team and the product and is expected to be proactive in their communication on a daily basis.
- 3+ years experience in games development
- A passion for video games
- An appreciation for Casino games, especially video slots
- Experience with version control software such as Perforce and Git
- Insatiable thirst for technical challenges
- A passion for supporting your peers and empowering them to do their job effectively and efficiently
- Some proficiency with OO Programming languages such as Objective C, C++ or C#
- Some knowledge creating shaders for a game engine
- Effective communication with team members of varying disciplines including written documentation of art setups and processes
- Ability to adapt, learn quickly and work on a fast paced environment
- Proficient creating content for game engines like Cocos, Unity or Unreal
- Expertise in optimizing art assets, both for asset size on disk and in-game performance
- Strong problem-solving methodology
- Photoshop skills such as compositing, touch ups, tiling, proper use of layer styles and creative art save out for animation
- Understanding of concept art and animation workflows
- Basic understanding of modeling and art tools e.g. Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, etc
- Knowledge in any programming knowledge could be useful
Additional duties include:
- Creating/Modifying base projects for engineering implementation
- Providing frequent support to artists, engineers and system designers
- Solving art related bugs and help identify if bugs are related to code or data
- Auditing/Profiling asset performance
- Texture Optimization & Keyframe Optimization
- Some tool scripting for productivity
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Art & Animation
Careers location: Bengaluru, India, Remote, India
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Requisition Id: P211902
Select Your Country of Residence