AVAILABLE POSITIONS Technical Artist
Zynga is looking for a TECHNICAL ARTIST to join the team.
We are seeking a Technical Artist to work alongside our art and mobile engineering teams to effectively implement completed art assets, facilitate seamless asset integration in Unity, and support with technical guidance. The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the art and engineering teams, championing optimal performance and efficiency in the game’s final visual assets, as well as working to effectively solve any art-related bugs or hitches that may arise during production.
On any given day, you may be assisting animators with implementing rigged characters in Unity, and later that same day, you might find yourself auditing app performance via Unity’s profiler or Xcode. Or perhaps you’re creating a tool in Unity to help streamline the UI artists’ workflow.
Our ideal candidate is a great communicator, team player, and proactive problem solver. You draw from a range of skills to creatively determine solutions. You are a contributor of ideas, overseer of pipelines, and collaborator across discipline lines providing expertise and seeking out potential issues before they become problems.
- Proficient in Unity and UGUI User Interface integration
- Effective communication with team members of varying disciplines including written documentation of pipeline processes
- Expert proficiency in Maya
- Understanding of optimizing 3D and 2D assets, both for asset size on disk and in-game performance
- Intermediate skills modeling, texturing, and rigging 3D assets
- Intermediate skills creating high quality VFX particle systems in Unity
- Experience writing and modifying shaders
- Experience with C# tools
- Core Photoshop Suite skills
- Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools necessary for art implementation and optimization
- 3+ years experience in games development, with shipped titles
- Experience with Substance Painter
- Scripting with C#
- Experience profiling Unity builds on device
- Experience with version control software such as Perforce, Git
- Experience Rigging 3d Characters
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Careers Category: Art
Careers Type: Full-Time