AVAILABLE POSITIONS Technical Art Director – Racing
- NaturalMotion seeks a Technical Art Director for our Birmingham Studio to lead all aspects of Technical art investigation to support the cross-platform development across the CSR franchise.
- You will work alongside and report into the Franchise Art Director to define the strategy and tactics for how technical art supports the overall vision for the Racing franchise.
- Responsible for driving quality expectations on PC/Console platforms whilst maintaining visual parity with the mobile sku.
- The role will primarily be focused on technical guidance and support for the cross-platform component working closely with both the London and OS studios.
- The Technical Art Director will help support and guide the development feature teams working out of the Birmingham studio on the CSR3 project.
- Alongside the Franchise TAD, the Technical Art Director will support and help identify technical opportunities to grow and evolve the CSR business.
- A strategic problem solver, you will be able to define effective processes for the future of tech art and translate those strategies into achievable tactical plans.
- Working with the Senior Art Director, the Production and Leads team, you will ensure the predictable delivery of technology and art features, that translate your strategy into effective and achievable tactics.
Key roles & responsibilities
Alongside the Franchise SAD and TAD the Technical Art Director will support the Visual Direction across the CSR Franchise. This work encompasses Technical Art Investigation to support the game’s Art Direction at all stages of development from pre-dev to live-ops.
Leads the quality of Technical Art Features used to support and promote the franchise using the centralised team as well as external vendors with proven workflows.
Ensures all the Art Features are of industry-leading quality and constantly exploring new opportunities and methodology for building evoking in-game visuals.
Drives a culture in the Art team that values proactively working with all subject areas in the wider team (Design, Code, Product, OS and UA etc.) to help deliver the best possible player experience.
Tried ability to clearly define the requirements for Technical Art production components including those that have significant cross-field dependencies and requirements.
Confidently able to run planning responsibilities with partners at all levels of the team, studio and external partners.
PRESENTATION and COMMUNICATION
Efficiently adapts communication style to suit the audience and maximise their clear understanding and consensus. Effectively presents complex concepts to a non-expert audience in a clear way that allows them to understand options.
Presents with confidence and conviction to the team, executives, and external groups including suppliers. Effectively chairs team meetings and working group discussions to produce clear, agreed actions.
- Alongside the Franchise TAD, they are ultimately responsible for defining and overseeing the Technical Art direction for cross platform play.
- Investigate technical Art features that help deliver the Art direction and maintain cutting edge quality.
- Provide support and direction for external parties
- Maintain Build Health for the game from an Art Perspective
- Support the Art team in defining best practises and workflow.
- Encouragement of peers to push limits of what could be achieved through new rendering Art techniques.
- Creatively thinking to bring in new potential art features; effectively working with talent in and outside the studio.
- Assist in the sourcing and attracting of talent required for the needs of project.
- Technical art team leads; mentoring peers to encourage toward standard methodologies.
- Deliver best quality whilst being mindful of game limitations and working with peers to agree on best outcome.
- “What good looks like” in best working practice influencer.
- Stay current by immersing myself in the meaningful culture playing games, watching movies, TV shows, reading magazines, website and going to racing events.
- Identifying key competitors by watching and measuring, then strategizing how we dominate them and reporting upward for consensus.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga and exercise classes
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time