AVAILABLE POSITIONS Technical Animator – Star Wars IP
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our animation team, you will have the opportunity to empower our animators to create visual perfection, pushing our games to the next level. Working from initial prototypes to a final launched product. Collaborate with the design, art and engineering teams to meet the high-quality standards of NaturalMotion Games. Ensure that animations accurately portray the Star Wars brand. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are a dedicated in-house team responsible for building amazing animations that wow our players and partners. Working in a highly motivated team, the role will see you have an opportunity to develop and share your skills, collaborating with animators and engineering to craft amazing characters.
Required Experience & Skills
You will be working closely with the rest of the animation team to build tools, rigs and animation solutions. You will be expected to drive new technology and the development of animation systems, providing support for runtime solutions.
- Knowledge of in game engine implementation, including creating animation state machine networks.
- Good understanding of Character skinning and physics simulation setup.
- Experience with Motion Capture processes and pipelines
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages
- Passionate about – and have good knowledge of animation, art and culture.
- A passion for games and animation as well as strong self-management skills.
- Ability to work closely with the Animation lead and Art Director to maintain the style and quality bar for animations in the game.
- Participate in reviews; respond to critical feedback in a professional manner and give feedback to your peers.
- Identify production and pipeline issues and communicate them appropriately.
- Provide essential and critical support to the project with experience in understanding process, pipeline and platform requirements.
- An excellent portfolio which demonstrates your ability to build tools, rigs, skinning and validates that you have a good knowledge of animation creation in different styles.
Required Experience & Skills
- Experience with animation state machines.
- Experience as a Technical animator in games.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current technical animation techniques and systems.
- Experience using Motionbuilder and/or Maya as a TA/TD
- Self-Organised and willing to participate in team meetings.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Knowledge of facial rigs.
- Knowledge of the Unreal Engine.
- Previous shipped AAA title.
- A Passion for Games.
- A liking for the Star Wars brand.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 2019 holiday allowance, 25 days plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free lunch on Mondays
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time