AVAILABLE POSITIONS Technical Animator – Star Wars IP
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our animation team, you will empower our animators, pushing our games to the next level. Working from initial prototypes to a final launched product. Collaborate with the design, art and engineering teams to meet the high-quality standards of NaturalMotion Games. Ensure that animations accurately portray the Star Wars brand. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
You will be working as part of a dedicated in-house team responsible for building amazing animations that wow our players and partners. Working in a highly motivated team you will have an opportunity to develop and share your skills, collaborating with animators and engineering to craft amazing characters.
As a Technical Animator you will be working closely with the rest of the animation team to create rigs and animation solutions to support the animation pipeline.
- Good understanding of Character skinning and physics simulation setup.
- Some experience in other scripting languages that support rigging and animation pipeline.
- Passionate about – and have good knowledge of animation, art and culture.
- Genuine passion for games and animation as well as strong self-management skills.
- Ability to work closely with the Animation lead and Art Director to maintain the style and quality bar for animations in the game.
- Participate in reviews; respond to critical feedback in a professional manner and give feedback to your peers.
- Identify production and pipeline issues and communicate them appropriately.
- Provide essential and critical support to the project with a good understanding of process, pipeline and platform requirements.
- An excellent portfolio which demonstrates your ability to create rigs, skinning and validates that you have a good knowledge of animation requirements in different styles.
Skills and Experience Required
- 2+ years’ experience as a Technical animator in games.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current technical animation techniques and systems.
- Experience using Maya and/or Motionbuilder.
- Organised and willing to participate in team meetings.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with Motion Capture processes and pipelines
- Knowledge of in game engine implementation, including animation state machines.
- Knowledge of facial rigs.
- Knowledge of the Unreal Engine.
- Previous shipped AAA title.
- A Passion for Games.
- A liking for the Star Wars brand.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time