AVAILABLE POSITIONS Sr. Security Analyst
Zynga is currently seeking a Senior Security Analyst (Incident Response) to focus on today’s evolving cyber security threats. This individual will be responsible for conducting comprehensive incident response functions throughout Zynga’s information systems network and systems infrastructure, including real-time proactive security monitoring and reporting on various security systems such as SIEM, EDR, web-content filtering/reporting, firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc. In this role, you have proven technical skills and have current experience supporting the Incident Response function in the areas of detection, containment, eradication, and remediation operations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely detection, identification, and alerting of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities
- Identify, investigate and resolve security issues and risks associated with security events using cybersecurity defense tools
- Analyze and assess security incidents and escalate to appropriate internal teams for additional assistance
- Work with stakeholders to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance
- Review and analyze cyber threats and provide SME support and training to junior level security analysts
- Demonstrate excellent judgment trending, alerting and escalating events between analysts and Tier 2 and/or security engineers
- Perform static and dynamic analysis of malicious code and suspicious network traffic to identify functionality, intent and assist in the generation of custom detection / prevention measures
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify gaps and recommendations in current programs and processes to remediate risks
- Participates in the development of document process workflows to support team procedures/processes
- Play an active role supporting continuous process improvement
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5+ years experience in security, IT, network or cyber operations with a minimum of 1+ year experience in cybersecurity or computer network defense
- Solid grasp of common network and routing protocols and how they interact to provide network communications
- Strong ability to manage and report on multiple projects / incidents concurrently, prioritizing efforts, managing time effectively, and requiring minimal supervision in the execution
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and investigative skills combined with the ability to develop creative solutions and navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Awareness of best practices, information security risk management, and industry trends
- Proficient experience and detailed understanding of adversarial tactics, techniques, and response mitigation procedures
- Solid team player, collaborating well with others to solve problems in a team-focused dynamic
Recommended skills and qualifications:
- Professional information security related certifications (GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, EnCE)
- Experience in social media, technology, and/or gaming industry
- Previous experience in an incident response professional services or CSIRT role desirable
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: IT, Development Operations & Security
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time