AVAILABLE POSITIONS Sr. Manager, Talent Development
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Talent & Social Impact; The Sr. Manager, Talent Development will play a lead role in designing, implementing and monitoring our organizational learning and development strategy and programs to nurture the careers of our employees and ensure the successful performance of teams across our organization.
This role works closely with the global HR Business Partners (HRBPs), Talent Management, DE&I teams and business leaders to deliver innovative and sustainable Learning & Development solutions for the enterprise. The ability to assess and understand organizational needs and business drivers in partnership with the People Leadership team, global HRBPs and key business leaders are critical to success in this role.
- In partnership with internal partners and stakeholders, collaborate to build Learning & Development programs that align shared priorities for the organization around career growth, critical skills, individual development plans and business needs.
- Act as the central point of ownership for the end-to-end selection, creation and implementation of company-wide Learning & Development solutions.
- In partnership with the Sr. Director of DEI, Talent and Social Impact, contribute to building short and long term Talent Development strategies.
- Anticipate and plan for long term Organizational Development needs and trends
- Assess current and future programs to determine measurable ROI
- Prioritize the portfolio of Learning & Development offerings
- Help manage global Learning & Development budget and annual planning process
- Assess and measure the success of Talent Development programs. Share updates and learnings with stakeholders and leadership to continue to improve effectiveness
- Own Zynga’s Learning Management System (LMS) and any additional Learning & Development related platforms. Partner with the HRIS team to ensure employee facing tools and resources are running effectively.
- Provide consultative guidance on Talent Development needs to People Ops stakeholders and key business leaders. Build trusting relationships to understand business needs and challenges related to Learning & Development.
- Partner closely with Global HRBPs and provide ongoing partnership to adapt and execute department and regional Talent Development initiatives and routines
- Partner with DE&I team to identify ways to remove bias and drive equitable outcomes and inclusive practices in our Talent Development solutions
- In partnership with HRBPs and Internal Comms, build communication/engagement strategies and materials in relation to Learning & Development initiatives.
- Leveraging insights from the Company’s Annual Engagement Survey, consult with HRBPs and senior leaders to address company- wide Talent Development opportunities.
- Leverage a global mindset and cultural awareness to understand and meet cultural nuances.
- Foster a positive working environment which supports collaboration, accountability, equity, inclusion and an engaged and diverse workforce in alignment with our global People Ops strategy.
- Other Learning & Development related assignments and projects as business needs require.
- Travel as business needs require, less than 25%.
Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years working experience in Learning and Development, Talent Development, Organizational Development or Organizational Effectiveness functions or other relevant fields
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and consultative skills with the ability to adjust styles/communication to audiences’ needs
- Strong understanding and practice of Learning & Development foundations – Designing for the adult learner, circiculm design, measuring the success of programs over time, etc.
- Experience facilitating learning programs and workshops using a variety of instructional techniques and formats (e-learning courses, career plans, job-shadowing, coaching, workshops and more)
- Strong aptitude for Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, LMS management. Ability to learn and transition to multiple platforms with ease
- Experience building and delivering programs and offerings from concept to daily use at scale
- Passion for continuous improvement and evolution
- Experience supporting and/or leading project teams
- Degree in Business, Organizational Psychology, HR Management, or a related field
- Advanced study or certification(s) in coaching, talent assessment, Learning & Development, etc.
Competencies for Success:
- Action Oriented: Will be energized by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
- Timely Decision-making: Adept at exercising good judgment, sometimes with incomplete information, whilst being constrained by deadlines
- Informing: Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
- Priority Setting: Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately
- Process Management: Able to define, work within and improve business processes based on immediate and future business needs
- Written Communications & Presentation Skills: Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
- Have a Perspective: Able to take lead on a tough issue and communicate your stand and reasons
Personal & Interpersonal
- Client Focus: Demonstrated commitment to understanding the needs of leaders, employees and the business
- Self- Development: Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
- Managing Relationships: Able to be open and direct while developing strong rapport with others. Quickly finds common ground and encourages collaboration to solve problems
- Integrity and Trust: Demonstrates alignment and collaboration through words, actions and behaviors
- Data driven: Able to determine relevant and impactful metrics, objectively assess performance against metrics and measure ROI
- Functional/Technical Learning – Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept risk and uncertainty
- Business Acumen – Able to understand the business needs and drivers
- Future Minded – Able to recognize the long-term strategy while delivering on short-term needs and priorities
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP/DPSP company match contribution (Canada)
- Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Global Fitness reimbursement program
- Global Wellbeing Program
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: People & Recruiting
Careers location: Austin, TX, London, UK, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: P212537
Select Your Country of Residence