AVAILABLE POSITIONS Software Engineer – Star Wars
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for building sophisticated software systems, a devotion to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements and design software solutions
- Write well designed, efficient and testable code in C++, Go and Python
- Implement client gameplay features, UI/UX features, and associated server backend logic.
- Follow established studio coding policies and practices.
- Have fun; we’re making games!
Desired Skill and Experience:
- Experience developing and releasing games in Unreal Engine (or an equivalent game engine) and C++
- Comfortable understanding and debugging unfamiliar code in a large project
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work efficiently with teammates
- Exhibits a desire to learn and share with their peers
- Experience with source control management and code reviews
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Does this sound like you? Then we want to hear from you. Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to tackle next-generation thinking and innovative products. As a leader, you will act as a key bridge in tight and effective collaboration with your UK-based counterparts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time