AVAILABLE POSITIONS Software Engineer Intern – 12 months Placement
Start Date: July 2020
Duration: 12 months
Location: Brighton, UK
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family and our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipelines. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Are you an undergraduate looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding 3 month internship in the games industry? Then we want to hear from you.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
We create amazing games together and design through play. An intern can expect their day to day work to include:
- Collaborating on the design and implementation of new game features
- Creating systems, tools, and workflows that boost the whole team
- Working with our on-site QA to reproduce, debug and fix bugs
- Undergraduate, studying computer science, game development or similar
- You should be comfortable talking to us about:
- Data structures and algorithms
- Graphic pipelines and game system architecture
- Object Oriented programming, as it exists in C# / C++
What Previous Interns Say About BossAlien
“Working here is amazing, the environment has a very relaxed vibe and makes you feel at home rather than at work. Everyone is incredibly helpful and easy to get along with. They also make awesome games and it’s been super fun to work on them. I’ve learnt so much about the games industry in the short time I’ve been here and I’m 100% sure I want to come back!”
“I learned a lot about programming in a number of languages and the structure of a games company. Had a great time, lots of fun while developing things, getting to work on an actual product and seeing your code used and improved on by professionals with years of experience was incredibly rewarding. Colleagues are very friendly and helpful. Overall an incredible experience everyone can get something out of.”
How to Apply?
Please apply with your CV, covering letter and a portfolio of work, made up of game-jam(s), personal projects, and/or open-source contributions, and should demonstrate both team and solo work.
Your covering letter should include:
- Why you would like to do an internship with BossAlien?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
What Do We Offer?
- Paid internship, working on a real project with a collaborative team, that will invest in your development
- You will be assigned a personal mentor who will support you through the full duration of your internship
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday team lunch
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Internships & New Grads
Careers location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time