AVAILABLE POSITIONS Software Engineer Intern – 12 Month Placement
Start Date: July 2019
End Date: July 2020
Duration: 12 months
Location: London, UK
Application Deadline: 31st January 2019
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Are you an undergraduate looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding 12 month internship in the games industry? Then we want to hear from you.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborating on the implementation of game features
- Working within the client team on systems, tools, and workflows to help boost efficiency
- Liaising with the QA department to reproduce, debug, and fix bugs
- Experience collaborating with the server team on back-end server applications and services
- Undergraduate, studying Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Applicants should be comfortable talking about the following subjects:
- Data structures and algorithms
- Graphic pipelines and game engine architecture concepts
- Object Oriented programming, ideally in both C# and C++
- Problem solving approach and planning
- QA process / automated testing / test driven development
- Development in Unity 2017 / 2018
What Previous Interns Say About NaturalMotion
“This experience has provided me with a great insight into the gaming industry and allowed me to connect and collaborate with many talented and knowledgeable individuals. As an added bonus in joining NaturalMotion, the little perks help create a welcoming atmosphere. Every Friday, free lunch is provided and it never disappoints followed by happy hour in the evening. There are also lunches with the team and CEO during the week, which provides a great time to socialise and learn new things from other disciplines.”
How to Apply?
Please apply with your CV, covering letter and a portfolio of work, made up of game-jam(s), personal projects, and/or open-source contributions, and should demonstrate both team and solo work.
Your covering letter should include:
- Why you would like to do an internship with NaturalMotion?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
What Do We Offer?
Experience of working hard and achieving targets whilst maintaining a good work life balance
- Paid internship, working on a AAA project with a collaborative team that will share their experience with you
- A mentor during the full duration of your internship
- A diverse team of friendly and supportive co-workers
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Friday team lunch
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Students: New Grads & Interns
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time