AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Cloud Engineer – Central Technology (Remote)
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games – Central Technology! We focus on designing, deploying and administering tech that drives the core gameplay experience under the hood. We’re looking for exceptional engineers with a passion for cloud technology and the ability to work with a diverse team. The Senior Cloud Engineer will play a key role in helping build & manage cloud deployments and internal tools.
- Daily administration of AWS/Cloud infrastructure (configuration, networking, monitoring, troubleshooting).
- Hands-on approach in scripting and automation.
- Maintain and update existing infrastructure services, optimizing for efficiency and TCO.
- Assist other teams in establishing development and security best practices.
- Work with studio partners to upgrade/manage deployments and applications hosted on the cloud.
- Proactively identify & recommend improvements to address systemic pain points and tech debt.
- Follow engineering best practices to ensure code quality, performance and reliability.
- On-call responsibilities and operational support for production systems.
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with cloud technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS (particularly IAM, EC2, load balancers, S3, VPC, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and Organizations).
- Experience with systems administration of enterprise Linux environments.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking concepts: VPC peering, NACLs, security groups and routing.
- Experience with DNS management and LDAP/AD.
- Experience coding in Python, Golang, Ruby, or PHP a plus.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases a plus.
- Strong technical writing skills.
What we offer you
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Los Angeles, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time