AVAILABLE POSITIONS Software Engineer, Client – Hit It Rich
Zynga is looking for a strong software engineer to join our growing team! Are you ready to put your ideas into the next generation of games that will be played instantly by millions?
As a Software Engineer you’ll develop and architect critical game components and systems that directly relate to the success of our games. We are committed to providing an exciting and challenging career, centered around developing high quality mechanics that scale! Come join us … and make games for a living. We are having a ball!
Candidates will be developing primarily in a Unity C# based technology stack. Engineers work together with team members and jointly own the success of their features throughout the entire development pipeline. Stages include Design -> Architecture -> Development -> Testing -> Production Ramp. You will be joining a high quality team of talented individuals that are all committed to success.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Define, architect, & develop core engine components primarily in Unity C#
- Develop, innovate & integrate new technologies and tools (working with content teams)
- Optimize code & memory for high performance
- Scope out tasks and systems, looking for future improvements
You will be addressing critical issues on one of our biggest game titles. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 1-3 years industry experience as a Software Developer
- Strong Object Oriented design and architecture skills
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Excellent communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide helpful feedback to team members
The following skills are considered strong plusses but are not required:
- Prior game development experience and/or experience in live ops situations
- Experience using restful apis
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with GIT
- Facebook and other related 3rd party SDK experience
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Careers Type: Full-Time