AVAILABLE POSITIONS Software Engineer – Advertising Technology
Zynga’s software engineers don’t just develop some of the world’s popular games, we deliver some of the world’s largest infrastructures. Our software engineers are blazing trails in all facets of game design, mobile development, web technologies, and massive scalability. Zynga faces a number of technical challenges—but many are unique to our scale: the evolving landscape of online gaming requires us to continually push boundaries. Our software engineers pick up any languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution doesn’t exist, we innovate as necessary. Zynga engineers are comfortable moving between front-end, back-end, and architecture roles.
If you’re looking for a fast paced, results driven environment, Zynga is the place to be as here you’ll be involved on the front lines collaborating with game studios in the earliest stages of development to support operations of our biggest live games. And you will be doing it with a highly experienced team of experts, pushing the capabilities and quality of our products and technology.
Zynga is seeking a talented and motivated junior engineer to join the Ad Tech team. Your team will be delivering the technology that generates $250M ads revenue which is 15% of Zynga’s total revenue! In this role, you develop the end-to-end Ad Tech platform. You will also collaborate with various game teams (such as Words with Friends, CSR2, Zynga Poker, Dawn of Titans and more!) to integrate our product and technologies into games that are played by millions of users daily.
Join us as we solve challenges developing and operating products at scale, impacting millions of players daily and support our games to achieve the highest levels of success through expertly crafted software. No gaming experience is needed for the right candidate.
- Design, implement and maintain the mobile SDKs (iOS, Android, and Unity) and core server components of Ad Tech platform.
- Analyze and improve performance, scalability, reliability, and measurability of system components.
- Implement integration with multiple 3rd-party mobile advertising networks and web services.
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Drive improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt.
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture in order to assess implications and dependencies associated with design decisions.
- Collaborate with technical teams on new and emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure.
- Provide production and integration support to Zynga’s game teams.
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 1-2 years of software development experience in Java, or C#/C++.
- Basic database development skills including SQL.
- A self-starter and proven ability to learn new technologies.
- Experience in an agile development environment.
- Excellent understanding of CS fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to articulate technical concepts.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Experience with mobile development in Objective-C, Android Java, and/or Unity.
- Knowledge of web technologies and frameworks.
- Experience with cloud environments like Amazon AWS.
- Understanding of the advertising technology landscape.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Careers Type: Full-Time