AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior VFX Artist – Untitled RPG
Zynga is looking for a Senior VFX Artist to embark on the next adventure with us! If you're a dedicated, curious, and highly motivated VFX Artist who loves problem solving with our Directors, Animators, and Engineers, you will be a phenomenal fit for our diverse and creative team!
- Work closely with the Art and Engineering teams to construct and implement particle systems, UV based animations, and shader VFX in Unity.
- Enforce optimal performance and efficiency of the game’s final visual assets
- Work with lead animator and concept artists to visually develop the look and feel of the game VFX.
- Work effectively to tackle any VFX and sorting-related bugs.
- Research and understand the style of the IP.
- Create materials/shaders to achieve unique styles and hit amazing visual quality.
- Create, maintain, and communicate VFX art guidelines and implementation techniques with other team members.
- Follow defined and optimized work flows.
- Our ideal candidate is a great communicator, teammate, and proactive problem solver. You draw from a range of skills to creatively determine solutions. You are a contributor of ideas, overseer of pipelines, and collaborator across subject area lines providing expertise and seeking out potential issues before they become problems
Desired Skills and Experience
- Effective communication with team members of varying fields including written documentation of pipeline processes
- 4+ years of experience with Unity and/or other engines.
- Intermediate skills with 3D modeling, rigging and UV texturing with professional 3D software such as Maya or ZBrush
- Understanding of optimizing 3D and 2D VFX assets for memory and performance considerations
- Intermediate skills creating high quality VFX particle systems in Unity
- Core Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools vital for art implementation and optimization
- Proven experience in game development, with shipped titles
- Experience with profiling tools
- Experience with version control software such as Perforce, Git
- Experience writing and modifying shaders is a nice to have
- Knowledge of platform specific development
- Style Range & Flexibility. Be able to create a set of distinctive characteristics that form an art style and maintain consistency throughout shared pieces of art. Be able to shift between different looks quickly for exploration.
- Comfortable with rapid visualization and able to effectively generate multiple rough storyboards to solve visual design problems.
- Experience in the construction and optimization of shader based systems.
- An understanding of the high and low res modeling 3D processes, with the ability to create clean and optimized topology fit for VFX purposes.
- Ability to use different texture & UV techniques, workflows and tools to get hit a quality benchmark visually and technically.
- Understanding animation fundamentals (timing, rhythm, flow, and movement) when creating VFX.
- Working knowledge of Art Pipelines, Game Engines, Optimization, other game fields, rendering/lighting/materials/scene setup
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Art & Animation
Careers location: Austin, TX, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Requisition ID: P211535
Select Your Country of Residence
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov