AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior UX Designer – Words With Friends
Zynga Toronto is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our design team. The Senior User Experience Designer is responsible for creating user-centered design solutions that feature ease of use, employ best-in-class interaction design, and optimize user experience. This includes all phases of the design process such as conceptual design/development (the big idea), UX flows/navigation maps, wireframes, graphic and interface design, prototypes, storyboards, persona/scenario development, and art production.
You will work closely with the Art Director to establish and maintain visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, and consistency.
Join us if:
- You would love to be a part of the visual design process involving research, experimentation, design and revision
- You will have experience creating wireframes, UI, graphic design, and interaction specifications/guidelines
- You have experience designing for web and working in Flash
- You’re prepared to work with internal client and project partners to ensure designs meet customer needs
- You’re current on visual design trends in similar creative industries
- You’re committed to adapting creative styles as needed while maintaining creative, technical, and brand standards universally
- You have strong communication skills and are able to articulate, present, and speak clearly about design decisions
- You have at least 3 years related experience in interactive, visual and brand environments
- You’re an ideas person who can translate concepts into form, function and execution
- A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Able to identify needs for, design and conduct user experience research quickly and apply it to feature UX development
- Evaluates designs quickly and creates original high-quality work. Is responsible for the entire product UX and its features
- Possess an excellent understanding of visual design principles, style guidelines, design processes, and creative workflow
- Develop UI, graphic design, and interaction specifications/guidelines
- Employ user-centered design practices to deliver extraordinary interactive game experiences
- Consistently generate creative ideas for products and can present and sell design concepts at the franchise and company level
- Persuasively recommends and promotes UX ideas with enthusiasm, conviction, and assertiveness.
- Interface, collaborate with team, studio and company partners to ensure the user experience reflects player needs and consistency
- 5+ years’ experience in the User Experience Design
- You will have shipped multiple successful mobile products end-to-end
- Deep understanding level skills in Adobe Photoshop and industry-standard prototyping tools
- Deep understanding of UX principles
- Specialty in mobile, messaging and chat interface design
- Ability to set direction, lead, train and mentor teams of designers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Passion for casual gaming and youth pop culture
- Master’s degree in graphic arts, interaction design, or equivalent industry experience in design field
WHAT DO WE GIVE YOU?
Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
Catered lunch daily
Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
Open Vacation Policy
Flexible working hours
Casual dress every single day
Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Careers Type: Full-Time