AVAILABLE POSITIONS Technical Artist
Zynga is looking for a SENIOR TECHNICAL ARTIST to join their thriving team.
We are seeking a Technical Artist to work alongside our art and mobile engineering teams to effectively implement completed art assets and facilitate seamless asset integration in Unity. The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the art and engineering teams, championing optimal performance and efficiency in the game’s final visual assets, as well as works to effectively solve any art-related bugs or hitches that may arise during production.
On any given day, you may be assisting animators with implementing rigged characters in Unity, and later that same day, you might find yourself auditing app performance via Unity’s profiler or Xcode. Or perhaps you’re working with the animation team discussing breakdowns in the pipeline, and then creating custom editor tools to address these issues.
Our ideal candidate is a great communicator, has a strong grasp on asset optimization, fluent in Unity, can write shaders, code editor tools, rig models and solve problems.You will be able to use a range of skills to deliver the best achievable results. You provide calm, confident ideas and suggestions within your field of expertise and will be able to identify potential issues before they become problems.
- Effective communication with team members of varying disciplines including written documentation of pipeline processes
- Deep understanding of the Unity engine
- Experience writing and modifying shaders
- Experience writing Unity Custom Editor tools
- Clear understanding of particle systems and animation processes in Unity
- Ability to create quick functional prototypes using Unity
- Experience with Unity UI or NGUI
- Core Photoshop Suite skills such as compositing, tiling, and export optimization
- Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools necessary for art implementation and optimization
- Experience with asset optimization for the efficient use of resources
- Ability to support the art team with troubleshooting and technical assistance
- Strong problem-solving methodology
- Core skills with 3d software (Maya preferred)
- 3+ years experience in games development, with shipped titles
- Experience with Substance Painter
- Scripting with C#
- Experience profiling Unity builds on device
- Experience with version control software such as Perforce, Git
- Experience Rigging 3d Characters
- Experience with Advanced Skeleton
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time