AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior UI Artist
At Naturalmotion, we make games that wow people! We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach large audiences and in creating communities that last.
We are looking for an ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious Senior UI Artist. We are all self-disciplined problem-solvers, who are respectful and straightforward with our colleagues, and we hope you can be too. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
As a Senior UI Artist you will work alongside the art, design and tech leads on the project to maintain, evolve and improve the interface for the #1 drag racing game worldwide. You will have the opportunity to develop your expertise and share your experience across the company to increase the quality of the suite of titles we are developing.
Having shipped multiple titles with a proven workflow and ability to deliver results you’ll develop and grow the game to achieve best in class interfaces across multiple resolutions, aspect ration and platforms.Working with the creative leads of the project you’ll deliver a compelling, fluid and easy to understand interface that sets the standard across the industry. You will always put the player and your team first.
Key roles & responsibilities:
- Work closely with the design team to ensure the creative vision is brought to life, and provide expert insight on existing and upcoming features
- Help us scope and execute effective plans, communicating them to the team.
- Provide both creative and technical opinions on our interface, as we strive to improve our titles
- Take interface features through the full lifecycle, from initial white box prototypes through to final visuals, motion graphics and marketing support.
- Works directly with feature teams to provide the required high fidelity assets along with clean and efficient implementation work directly in the game engine, being careful to stick to budgets and platform constraints.
- Help us to mentor and develop our highly talented team
- Represents the team as champion of the discipline, sharing inspiration from other media and critical analysis of what is best and worst in class.
- The Senior UI Artist effectively adapts communication style to suit the audience and maximise their understanding.
- They present with confidence and clarity to the wider team, external groups and executive staff.
- Gives everyone an opportunity to give feedback to make the end product stronger.
- Develop player facing interfaces from concept through to completion.
- Rapidly iterate interface in line with the game art direction.
- Provide feedback on in-development layouts and visuals
- Animate motion graphics to enhance the player experience.
- Present and document best practise guidelines for workflow and visuals.
- Problem solve complex visual language requirements.
- Tackle UX issues and resolve friction points in the game flow.
- Alongside engineers integrate interface elements directly within the game engine to a detailed specification.
- Diagnose technical problems with interaction and work with engineers to resolve them.
- Optimise performance of the UI systems to run on multiple devices and platforms.
Production & Management:
- Communicate progress and highlight issues effectively to ensure smooth feature development.
- Document and present high level interface investigations to stakeholders.
- Mentor and develop UI team members.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
At Naturalmotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach large audiences and in creating communities that last.
We are looking for an ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious UI Artist. We are all self-disciplined problem-solvers, who are respectful and straightforward with our colleagues, and we hope you can be too. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Art
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time