AVAILABLE POSITIONS UI Artist – Racing
At NaturalMotion, you will play a key part in building innovative games that wow tens of millions of players around The World. In 2018 & 2019, we were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz. Just two of the reasons to join the NaturalMotion success story.
We are seeking a UI Artist to drive forwards the development, visual style and workflow of the CSR Racing 2 user interface, with the intention of this role developing in to a UI Lead position over time.
You will be a key point of contact for developing interfaces within the game, able to offer valuable insights to push the project forwards and operate at an experienced level of the UI discipline. You will be able to respectfully give and receive feedback to support the development of a genre leading game.
You will work alongside the art, design and tech leads on the project to maintain, evolve and improve the interface for the #1 drag racing game worldwide. You will opportunity to develop your expertise and share your experience across the company to increase the quality of the suite of titles we are developing.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop player facing interfaces from concept through to completion.
- Rapidly iterate interface in line with the game art direction.
- Provide feedback on in-development layouts and visuals
- Animate motion graphics to improve the player experience.
- Present and document best practise guidelines for workflow and visuals.
- Problem solve complex visual language requirements.
- Fix UX issues and resolve friction points in the game flow.
- Alongside Engineers integrate interface elements directly within the game engine to a detailed specification.
- Diagnose technical problems with interaction and work with engineers to resolve them.
- Optimise performance of the UI systems to run on multiple devices and platforms.
Production & Management
- Communicate progress and highlight issues effectively to ensure smooth feature development.
- Document and present high level interface investigations to stakeholders.
- Mentor and develop UI team members.
Required Experience & Skills
- Experience shipping multiple apps or games with a proven workflow
- Accustomed to taking responsibility for multiple features and being able to handle your workload independently, whilst prioritising what’s best for the project and making sure the work fits within the teams capacity
- Both technically and creatively skilled and have a clear understanding of how to work with other members of a cross discipline team.
- A deep understanding of game engines and healthy degree of experience in related development software. It would be particularly advantageous to be familiar with the Unity engine and have prior experience of using the NGUI suite.
- You will be able to foresee pitfalls and develop strategies and techniques to optimise workflow & performance.
- You’ll elegantly communicate actionable items and work with the production team to integrate them in to a live product whilst staying true to the culture and values of NaturalMotion.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time