AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Technical Product Manager, Cloud Products
The Central Technology (CT) team at Zynga provides products and services, aka Social Engine, that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. The services span across Game Engine, Identity, User Acquisition, Social, Payments, Ad Tech, Analytics, AI/ML, Core Technology and Cloud. Our mission is ‘Lean Mean Tech Organization’ enabling game teams to develop and launch amazing games. We are a 120+ organization servicing 1500 others across 13 global locations.
The Senior Technical Product Manager for Cloud will be responsible for driving a clear vision for all the Cloud products and services that CT offers to our games. This role will involve developing the strategies that result in innovative, scalable, containerized cloud services that help propel our games to success, in a cost-effective way. In addition to working intimately with their top-notch engineering team, this individual will partner with other product teams in Central Tech and internal business units including game studios to understand business goals and define the requirements, roadmap and priorities for our cloud infrastructure and developer experiences that help us achieve those goals.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in product management in web, mobile, infrastructure, cloud, developer tools or game development is required (alternatively, architect-level engineering experience with great product sense)
- Ability to create wireframes, product specifications and white papers
- Experience managing live web or mobile applications and/or games with multivariate testing is preferred
- Exceptional data analysis skills, including being able to write scripts or queries yourself to get the data you need.
- Great presentation skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Opinionated about what great APIs and developer experiences should be.
- Passion for games, creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- MS degree. MBA preferred
You will be a perfect fit if:
- You have a passion for Cloud and enjoy figuring out what products from cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud or Azure you might want to leverage to improve your life.
- You crave building product strategy and seeing it come to life via personalized experiences. You have deep insight and point of views on similar products and services offered by 3rd parties such as Firebase, Unity, and AWS.
- You embrace partnering with the game teams and other stakeholders to understand their needs, monitor market and tech trends and synthesize them to develop the Central Technology Cloud roadmap. You can negotiate, prioritize and balance creativity and pragmatism while developing the roadmap that is aligned across stakeholders.
- You are passionate about the need for aesthetic, idiomatic APIs and great developer experiences.
- You love playing with data. You establish meaningful metrics for your products, analyze them and utilize them to improve products.
- You take pride in evangelizing your products. You are humble when gaps are identified and are motivated to close them.
- You were a software engineer or have a strong engineering background. You enjoy solving problems and partner with engineering leadership in finding creative solutions with educated trade-offs. If you can’t find a solution, you will dig deep and present alternatives.
- You are an empathetic leader. You understand, relate to and are sensitive to stakeholder teams and peers. You get a kick in helping them.
- You can explain a complicated topic, e. g. Public Key Cryptography, to a 6-year-old. You can communicate clearly and write well.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Product Management
Careers location: San Francisco, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time