AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Technical Product Manager
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games – Central Technology! We focus on shared client & server technology and features that drives the underlying gameplay experience. We’re looking for outstanding leaders with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a diverse team. As a Senior Technical Product Manager for Central Technology, you will be responsible for leading Product to design, develop, and maintain Zynga’s platform portfolio, which accelerates game development and streamlines live operations. The immediate area of responsibility would be managing the Core Architecture and the Developer Operations teams, which include distributed cloud infrastructure and applications, build farms, internal play-testing products, as well as source control management and code review tools, among others. However, as you grow in the role, you will likely own additional products and services.
- Responsible for the full product lifecycle, from gathering requirements, prioritizing features, analyzing competitive landscape, writing specifications, achieving stakeholder alignment, and owning the team roadmap.
- Exhibit sound product judgment, ability to formulate product strategy and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving our business goals.
- Expected to provide valuable input into business cases based on in-depth data analysis and demonstrate how that analysis impacts key product metrics.
- Define how we will measure the success and effectiveness of products and track quality. Leverage qualitative consumer insights and quantitative data to inform decisions.
- Define our vision by understanding our customers’ needs. Partner closely with Product and Engineering leaders on game teams crafting feedback loops for continued improvements and identify patterns of need across Zynga.
- Evangelize our offerings. Get commitments from internal customers and achieve roadmap alignment. Be able to articulate the value of each service in our portfolio and help our partner teams understand that value as it applies to the problems that they’re looking to solve.
- Identify & deconstruct competitive offerings in the market, formulate insights and use them to advise future roadmap direction.
- Ability to balance player, partner, and business interests while considering technical integration tradeoffs.
- Collaborate closely with other technical leaders in Central Technology and across disciplines to drive standard methodologies and positive team culture.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science preferred and/or equivalent software development experience.
- 2-3 years of product management in video games, mobile app development, or enterprise software experience.
- Ability to build wire-frames, product specifications, and white papers.
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff.
- Experience with growing a product using lean, data driven principles.
- Some familiarity with source control, operating systems (basic Linux commands, etc), data analytics, and SQL experience preferred
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter, a team player and driven
- Previous start-up, social networking and/or consulting experience is a strong plus
- Familiarity with DevOps, development architecture, and service teams a plus
- Familiarity with Compliance / Regulatory requirements a plus
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily (when we are back in the office)
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Product Management
Careers location: Chicago, IL
Careers Type: Full-Time