AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Technical Artist
Zynga is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join their thriving team.
The Senior Technical Artist collaborates with a team of fellow technical artists and mobile engineers to effectively implement completed art assets and facilitate seamless asset integration in Unity. The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the art and engineering teams, championing optimal performance and efficiency in the game’s final visual assets, as well as works to effectively solve any art-related bugs or hitches that may arise during production.
- Effective communication with team members of varying disciplines including written documentation of pipeline processes
- Core Photoshop Suite skills such as compositing, tiling, and export optimization
- Expertise with Unity 3D: shaders, nested prefab creation, lighting. Bonus: NGUI
- Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools necessary for art implementation and optimization
- Clear understanding of particle systems and animation processes in Unity
- Ability to create quick functional prototypes using Unity
- Experience with asset optimization for the efficient use of resources
- Ability to support the art team with troubleshooting and technical assistance
- Strong problem-solving methodology
- Scripting with C#
- 4+ years experience in games development, with shipped titles
- Prior experience with version control software such as Perforce, Git
- Please send Portfolio samples, which may range from optimization exercises to examples of creative problem-solving within a given art pipeline.
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Gourmet created lunch created by ZCulinary daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Dog Friendly offices
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- On-Site gym and fitness classes
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time