AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Technical Artist
Zynga is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to embark on the next adventure with us! If you're a dedicated, curious, and highly motivated tech artist who loves problem solving with our Directors and Engineers, you will be an extraordinary fit for our diverse and creative team!
- Work closely with the Art and Engineering teams to construct and implement game assets in Unity
- Enforce optimal performance and efficiency of the game’s final visual assets.
- Work effectively to tackle any art-related bugs.
- Define, maintain and troubleshoot pipeline for in game assets
- Develop and maintain tools for the production pipeline, particularly for animation and technical art tasks
- Build materials/shaders to achieve outstanding styles and hit amazing visual quality
- Build, maintain, and communicate technical art guidelines and implementation techniques with other team members
- Maintain clean, optimized project, periodically auditing assets and sprite atlases, etc
- Profile builds and provide and implement solutions to address performance issues
- Our ideal candidate is a great communicator, teammate, and proactive problem solver. You draw from a range of skills to creatively determine solutions. You are a contributor of ideas, overseer of pipelines, and collaborator across discipline lines providing expertise and seeking out potential issues before they become problems
Desired Skills and Experience
- Effective communication with team members of varying subject areas including written documentation of pipeline processes
- 4+ years of experience with Unity and/or other engines.
- Intermediate skills with 3D modeling, rigging and UV texturing with professional 3D software such as Maya or ZBrush
- Scripting with C#
- Understanding of optimizing 3D and 2D assets for memory and performance considerations
- Intermediate skills creating high quality VFX particle systems in Unity
- Experience writing and modifying shaders
- Experience with C# tools]
- Familiarity with C++ or Python tool creation
- Core Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools vital for art implementation and optimization
- Proven experience in game development, with shipped titles
- Experience with profiling tools
- Experience with version control software such as Perforce, Git
- Have an understanding of Animation and VFX experience is a plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Art & Animation
Careers location: Austin, TX, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Select Your Country of Residence