AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Technical Artist – Harry Potter
We are seeking a Technical Artist to work alongside our art and mobile engineering teams to effectively implement completed art assets, facilitate seamless asset integration in Unity, and support with technical guidance. The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the art and engineering teams, championing optimal performance and efficiency in the game’s final visual assets, as well as working to effectively solve any art-related bugs or hitches that may arise during production.
On any given day, you may be assisting animators with implementing rigged characters in Unity, and later that same day, you might find yourself auditing app performance via Unity’s profiler or Xcode. Or perhaps you’re creating a tool in Unity to help streamline the UI artists’ workflow.
Our ideal candidate is a great communicator, team player, and proactive problem solver. You draw from a range of skills to creatively determine solutions. You are a contributor of ideas, overseer of pipelines, and collaborator across discipline lines providing expertise and seeking out potential issues before they become problems.
- Effective communication with team members of varying disciplines including written documentation of pipeline processes
- Proficient in the Unity engine
- Expert proficiency in Maya & UGUI
- Understanding of optimizing 3D and 2D assets, both for asset size on disk and in-game performance
- Intermediate skills modeling, texturing, and rigging 3D assets
- Intermediate skills creating high quality VFX particle systems in Unity
- Experience writing and modifying shaders
- Experience with C# tools
- Core Photoshop Suite skills
- Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools necessary for art implementation and optimization
- 3+ years experience in games development, with shipped titles
- Experience with Substance Painter
- Scripting with C#
- Experience profiling Unity builds on device
- Experience with version control software such as Perforce, Git
- Experience Rigging 3d Characters
- Experience with Advanced Skeleton
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Telemedicine, Virtual mental health, Emotional Support Services, EAP, and neurodiversity support programs
- Family building new parent & menopause support
- Global Fitness Reimbursement program
- Global Wellbeing Program
- Charitable Giving and Volunteer Program
- Generous paid parental, pregnancy-related disability, caregiver, and compassionate leaves
- Back-up childcare
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Art & Animation
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: R_108441
Select Your Country of Residence