AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Art Outsource Manager
Wizard of Oz Slots is looking for a fabulous Senior Outsource Manager with a strong concept art discipline. Your job will range from preparing assets for further clean-up by a third-party, polishing assets entirely in-house, and providing varying levels of feedback to third-party partners. As a result, both a strong set of painting skills and compositional knowledge, as well as fluency in different communication styles are a must.
As part of your responsibilities, you will be collaborating with the rest of the concept team, helping prepare assets for hand-off to third party vendors, and generating feedback on said assets and other assignments. The ability to communicate your ideas (both visually and with written word) clearly, and set the initial expectations at the start of any new project is key. An ability to paint and render varying shiny and sparkly assets is also expected. As this is both an IP and a Slot product, prior experience with either of the two is a strong plus.
- At the minimum 5+ years of professional experience generating high quality polished assets
- A 3-year tenure in communicating with third-party vendor, and all that entails
- Being able to quickly grasp the essence of the product and to catch when delivered assets fall short of it
- Ability to communicate clearly in written form/via paintovers/zoom calls, and to identify when things go off the rails
- Stay on top and track progress of the vendors
- Concept — character and background painting skills required
- Strong logo design skills and typography knowledge
- Understanding of storytelling, colour fundamentals, value
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Suite including: Illustrator, Photoshop (AFX skills a plus)
- Must be able to work well in extremely fast-paced environment with high volume of on-going projects and very fast turn-around
- Ability to work independently, stay proactive in communication and manage own time and projects with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and attention to high level of detail
- A passion for games, slots or IP license a plus
- 3D and knowledge of basics of animation a plus.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Graphic Design or related studies
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Art
Careers location: Los Angeles, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time