AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Technical Artist – Business Unit
Zynga is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to embark on the next adventure with us! If you're a dedicated, curious, and highly motivated tech artist who loves problem solving with our Directors and Engineers, you will be a phenomenal fit for our diverse and creative team!
- Work closely with the Art, Design and Engineering teams to construct and implement game assets in Unity both in 3D and 2D/UI
- Ability to quickly prototype small game features in Unity with minimal support
- Enforce optimal performance and efficiency of every aspect of the game’s assets
- Work effectively to tackle any art-related bugs
- Develop and maintain tools for the art pipeline
- Create, maintain, and communicate technical art guidelines and implementation techniques with other team members
- Maintain clean, optimized project, periodically auditing assets, hierarchies and workflows
- Profile builds and provide and implement solutions to address performance related issues
- Our ideal candidate is a great communicator, teammate, and proactive problem solver. You draw from a range of skills to creatively determine solutions. You are a contributor of ideas, overseer of pipelines, and collaborator across discipline lines providing expertise and seeking out potential issues before they become problems
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in game development, with several shipped titles as a Technical Artist
- Effective communication with team members of varying subject areas including written documentation of pipeline processes
- 7+ years of experience with Unity with a deep understanding of scenes, prefabs and animation controller setup.
- Expert at problem solving and troubleshooting, particularly within Unity
- Familiarity with C# and Unity Editor tools
- Familiarity with Python and/or MEL tool creation
- Familiarity with profiling tools in Unity and optimization techniques for older gen phones (galaxy s6)
- Familiarity with version control software such as Perforce and Git
- Experience in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools vital for art implementation and optimization
- Knowledge of creating, editing and optimizing VFX particle systems in Unity (built-in Render Pipeline)
- Understanding of optimizing 3D and 2D assets for memory, performance and general bug fixing considerations
Nice to Have Skills
- Core Adobe Creative Suite knowledge
- Knowledge of 3D software workflows such as: modeling, rigging, animation and UV texturing with Maya
- Experience writing and modifying shaders in Unity (built-in Render Pipeline)
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take-Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $90, 000 and $136, 000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Art & Animation
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite
Requisition Id: P212554
Select Your Country of Residence