AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Systems Engineer – StarWars
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family of game studios. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling game experiences to mobile platforms.
As a key member of our team you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse and experienced crew of developers, and to help us build leading-edge technology and content pipelines for a new, premiere mobile game in the Star Wars universe. This is a rare and unique opportunity to build a landmark title based on one of the worlds most beloved creative properties that will engage with millions of players daily.
As Senior Systems Engineer you will work on low-level game client systems and developer tooling, to maximize system performance, system functionality, and developer efficiency.
NaturalMotion has been consistently named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by gamesindustry.biz, and was named Best Large Company in the UK in 2020. Join us!
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Architect and implement low-level systems on game clients.
- Create and maintain tools and workflows that improve engineering and design productivity for the entire team.
- Identify performance, functionality and process improvements to enhance development efficiency as well as the player experience.
- Monitor live analytics to identify and solve for player-facing issues.
- Develop automation systems to ensure release stability and reliability.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Excellent C++ language skills.
- Deep understanding of CPU and GPU architectures, memory management and device performance.
- Expertise with UE4 or similar engines, including low-level systems, networking, streaming, SDK integration, engine source modification and automation.
- Strong experience in compilers and tool chains.
- Strong architecture, system design, and analytical skills.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Experience shipping games in a commercial environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic teammate with a collaborative mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Passionate about game development and the future of the medium.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Shipping experience on non-mobile platforms (Windows, Switch, PS4, Xbox One).
- Live game experience, supporting content updates and developing new features.
- Excellent 3D Math skills.
- Action, FPS or MOBA game development experience.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 day’s holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Mondays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time