AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Systems Engineer
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Zynga is looking for an exceptional Senior Systems Engineer to work in our world-class IT Engineering team. You will play an integral part of designing, building and improving the future Zynga corporate infrastructure. You love to dive into the details to thoroughly understand and break down the complexity of systems. You can work on your own initiative just as well as working in a geographically dispersed team where collaboration is second nature to you.
Reporting to the IT Engineering Manager (EMEA), you will work across multiple platforms, systems and softwares in a Global IT organisation and be required to assist with the provisioning of infrastructure support activities and a significant amount of project related work. You will build and maintain strategic partnerships with the EMEA IT Engineering Manager, business leaders and our studios to support Incidents, Requests and Project Streams.
This role can be based in London (UK), Helsinki (Finland) or Istanbul (Turkey).
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Proactively monitor the Engineering support queues to ensure BAU activity (Incidents and Requests) are fulfilled within defined target SLA
- Provide Tier 3 systems support for escalations as required
- Provide technical support for server and endpoint infrastructure (both physical and virtual), associated software and hardware.
- Provide support and management of company Active Directory and Exchange online
- Install and configure servers and troubleshoot issues in a heterogeneous environment
- Collaborate with key decision makers and business owners to align requirements and needs with IT initiatives
- Liaise with third party service providers/vendors to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems
- Contribute to and where required manage IT projects in line with defined standards
- Participate in continuous service improvement plans to drive operational excellence
- Maintain high quality IT set up aligned to defined standards
- Provide training / education of new tools & services as and when required
- Ensure hardware and software is maintained in accordance with the defined standards
- Create and maintain documentation including inventory, configuration, procedures and technical drawings as they relate to the IT Engineering environment
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies
- Collaborate with the information security team to assist with critical cybersecurity solutions, as well as any InfoSec processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Flexibility to work out-of-office hours as required
Required Skills & Experience
- IT experience, having worked in an infrastructure role
- Solid experience in Linux Systems administration and Engineering
- Experience in hybrid or solely cloud environments (AWS/Azure/Google)
- Experience with implementation, configuration, support, road map, and design/planning of Mac / Jamf and PC / Configuration
- Experience with administering SCCM, JAMF, Apple Business Manager, Microsoft 365, Intune, MDM and providing PC, Mac and iOS end-user support
- Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
- Experience developing and maintaining scripts in scripting languages such as Bash, Python, YAML, or PowerShell with an emphasis on automation
- Able to exercise sound judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to communicate effortlessly and effectively, both in writing and verbally, with all levels of the organization
- High attention to detail
- Able to manage & prioritize own workload and also follow direction from management
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively within a team as well as on own initiative
- Help mentor staff on core products and technologies
- Able to document solutions and create knowledge articles
- Basic knowledge and understanding of ITIL framework
- Technically proficient in:
- SSO and IAM – Okta, Duo
- Automation and Configuration Management – SALT, Scripting, SCCM, Jamf Cloud
- Email and Collaboration Platforms – Exchange Online, Office 365, Slack, Jira
- Public Cloud – AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Virtualization and HCI – VMWare, Citrix and Nutanix
- Server Management Windows Server 2012 and upward
- Core Windows Services – Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Data Centre Operations
- Intune – MDM, Autopilot
- Server Hardware – Dell and Micro server
- Ctera & DFS – Enterprise File System management
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or similar level education in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
- MCP/MCSE certification
- ITIL certified
- Project management experience
- Experience with Jira used for project management, ticketing and issue tracking
- Experience with Confluence
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: IT, Development Operations & Security
Careers location: Helsinki, Finland, İstanbul, Turkey, London, UK
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite
Requisition ID: P210459
Select Your Country of Residence