AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Systems Engineer – Information Technology
Zynga’s is a mobile gaming company and our mission is to connect the world through games. We make our company decisions with a focus what will our players thank us for. The IT engineering team follows the same philosophy when it comes to our internal users. We architect and engineer results that not only improve our infrastructure from a technical perspective but we build solutions that help our users as well.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be an integral part of improving, building, and designing the future Zynga corporate infrastructure. You love to get into the details and to thoroughly understand the deeper details of complex systems. Collaboration is second nature to you, you happily convince teammates about why you prefer one solution over another while also keeping an open mind to notice other excellent ideas. You are averse to doing the same thing repeatedly, automation is your go-to to combat this.
- Develop design standards and guidelines, and mentor other technical staff on best practices.
- You document what you do, runbooks are always the last part of delivering on your projects
- Collaborate with internal technical leaders to develop creative solutions that meet customer needs with respect to availability, functionality, performance, reliability, repeatability, and scalability.
- Security first. You always balance the trade-offs of security and ease of use in your designs.
- Automate, automate, automate. We don’t like to do things manually and neither do you.
- Solid experience in Linux Systems Administration and Engineering.
- Proven Experience in hybrid or solely cloud environments (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Automation, scripting, Powershell & BASH.
- Experience in implementing SaaS based solutions
- Expertise in enterprise operating systems preferably as CentOS 6/7 and Microsoft Server 2012R2+
- Server configuration management such as Chef or Salt or Terraform
- Experience in SAML/SSO identity management platforms and providers.
- You are used to being in an environment with SLA(s), RTO, and RPO for all the platforms.
- Experience in hardening systems and secure configurations.
- Experience in logging and monitoring for enterprises.
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Gourmet created lunch created by ZCulinary daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Dog Friendly offices
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- On-Site gym and fitness classes
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: San Francisco, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time