AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Software Engineer – Words with Friends
Software engineers on Games With Friends (GWF) support some of the world's largest mobile games on some of the world's largest infrastructures. Our servers and APIs support the mobile games that tens of millions of users enjoy every day, including Words With Friends. GWF runs one of the largest game deployments in the world, and we encounter and solve massive scalability challenges. The large data requirements of online gaming require us to continually push boundaries to discover the best solutions.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will collaborate with various disciplines like Product Managers, Game Design, UX etc. and will be responsible for implementing new features on Words With Friends. Join us as we pursue challenges developing and operating products at scale, influencing millions of players daily and support our game to achieve the highest levels of success!
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering field with at least 5 years of development experience
- Extensive experience and strong skills with an Object Oriented language like Ruby/Rails, Java and with database technologies like MySQL
- Design and architect new backend applications/services running in AWS
- Optimize & refactor existing services to improve reliability, scalability, security
- Create documentation and tech plans for new architecture/system designs
- Take a hands-on approach in architecting, writing and reviewing code
- Follow engineering best practices to ensure code quality, performance and reliability
- Collaborate across disciplines to understand product/customer requirements and propose technical solutions
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience in Git or a similar version control system
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Passionate about software engineering, easy to work with and eager to help others on your team succeed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working with Amazon AWS
- Prior Game Development Experience
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Frontend experience with React, React Native
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take-Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. The pay range for this position for applicants based in Colorado at the start of employment is expected to be between $105,000 and $190,000per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: R_Z-P212552
Select Your Country of Residence