AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Software Engineer (Systems) – Stars Wars
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Systems) to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for building sophisticated software systems, a devotion to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, write specifications, and design and implement sophisticated software systems.
- Write well crafted, efficient and testable code in C++ and one or more additional languages (C#, Python etc.)
- Be experienced in systems-related engineering domains such as low-level systems, networking, streaming, SDK integration, engine source modification, automation, CPU optimization, and device performance characteristics.
- Work on low-level game client systems and developer tooling, having an impact across the scope of the game on features, performance and developer efficiency.
- Bring a proven understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design.
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains.
- Have fun; we’re making games!
Desired Skill and Experience
- 5+ years proven experience as a console or PC software game developer
- Experience developing and releasing multiple games, with one or more games in Unreal (or an equivalent proprietary game engine) and C++.
- Having taken titles from pre-production to release, you have experience of every step involved in getting a game shipped.
- Comfortable understanding and debugging unfamiliar code in a large project.
- Proven track record collaborating with other partners to architect and implement features and systems.
- Excellent problem solving and strong interpersonal skills.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to tackle next-generation thinking and innovative products. As a leader, you will act as a key bridge in tight and effective collaboration with your UK-based counterparts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Requisition ID: P209507
Select Your Country of Residence