AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Software Engineer – Slots
Zynga is seeking top engineering talent to join our creative, dynamic and highly driven team. We have a well-rounded and tight-knit, distributed team with a healthy mix of engineering skill levels, and are looking to strengthen our team in combating a variety of challenges that we face. We are looking for an ambitious and motivated engineer who is a strong communicator, works well as a standout colleague, and performs well under tight deadlines.
Our mission is to “Connect the World through Games” by building a truly social experience, that makes the world a better place. Do you love games? Are you committed to quality software craftsmanship that is worthy of being shared with tens of millions of people? Don’t hesitate; Apply now!
As a senior software engineer on the team, you will have an opportunity to work on user-facing features (including UI / UX), core gameplay functionality, engine-level systems, and will focus upon solving challenging problems for high profile titles. As an individual contributor, you will also have strong hands-on experience in Unity, C#, and will have at least two years of experience working on teams in the game industry.
- Help to architect and develop features & gameplay client-side functionality in Unity with C#
- Dive into the internals of engine-level systems to extend them as-needed
- Develop and integrate new technologies & SDKs
- Help to develop tools for content creators
- Help to define and scope out tasks & systems
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education / work experience
- 4+ year’s industry experience as a software developer
- Strong working knowledge in C# and unity
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software methodologies
- Prior game development experience (on shipped titles or live games experience)
- Excellent social skills and comfortable working in a team environment
- Experience with git
- Mobile development experience with a focus on iOS and/or Android
- Performance profiling and optimization experience
- Experience in C/C++, or similar programming language
What we offer you:
- Competitive Salary, Zynga RSUs, 401k match (USA) and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Chicago, IL
Careers Type: Full-Time