AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Software Engineer, Server – Tech Enablement, Central Tech
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Bengaluru, India
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: R_110705
Zynga is a global leader in interactive entertainment with a mission to connect the world through games. To date, more than one billion people have played Zynga’s franchises including CSR Racing™, Empires & Puzzles™, Merge Dragons!™, Merge Magic!™, Toon Blast™, Toy Blast™, Words With Friends™ and Zynga Poker™. Zynga’s games are available in more than 150 countries and are playable across social platforms and mobile devices worldwide. Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with locations in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, India, Turkey, and Finland. For more information, visit www.zynga.com or follow Zynga on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or the Zynga blog.
Zynga India is Zynga’s largest studio outside USA with 500+ people and growing rapidly. It manages some of Zynga’s biggest global games in the Casual Gaming, Action Strategy, Match-3, Slots, and Invest Express genres. The game teams are responsible for the long term-vision of the game, its entire Game Design & Tuning, Product Roadmap, Features, Content & Creative decisions, Art work (2D, 3D, Animation), Development, QA/Testing, Analytics & Performance Tracking, User Acquisition & Live Operations.
The Zynga India team is full of passionate gamers, who love to play, build great products, and have fun doing it. Studio I expects continued growth and is looking for strong leaders to expand the studio into this next growth phase.
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games – Central Technology! We focus on shared client & server tech that drives the core gameplay experience under the hood. We’re looking for outstanding engineers with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a team with varied strengths. The Senior Software Engineer will play a key role as part of the Central Technology Organization, focusing on advanced technology developments for building scalable end-to-end products which can be integrated into the various games.
- Design, code, and develop new features/fix bugs/add enhancements to large scale services and solutions to be consumed by millions of mobile and web clients
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources
- Take a hands-on approach in writing, reviewing and testing code.
- Follow engineering standard methodologies to ensure code quality, performance and reliability.
- Review detailed tech plans and code from others, aligning with the team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Work collaboratively across teams to understand product/customer requirements and propose technical solutions.
- Provide production & integration support for shared technology across Zynga games.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development, mobile, desktop or web application development with hands on experience covering full stack (REST, Java/goLang/PHP/python, Spring, C#/Unity, JS, Angular/React, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience in object-oriented design of applications/systems.
- Experience in design and development of highly scalable backend REST services
- Excellent knowledge with development tools & integrated build systems: Eclipse IDE, Git/Jenkins/Maven
- Exposure to Software development practices, Continuous Integration.
- Follow technology trends, Software Engineering methodology while enjoying the challenge of solving complex problems
- Strong Debugging and problem solving skills
- Experience with C++ a plus.
- Experience with iOS, Android, Unity or Unreal a plus.
What We Offer You
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 20 days annual leave + company holidays
- Extended medical coverage that includes OPD, dental, vision and telehealth
- Group Life, Disability and Critical Illness insurance
- Equitable Childcare facilities for all employees
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning and nurturing support programs
- Comprehensive leave options and flexible working hours to ensure work life balance.
- Keep your health on track with our wellbeing programs covering fitness expenses and complimentary meals served around the clock.
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Around the year employee events and casual dress every single day
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers to work with and, impact millions of daily players.
- Re-engage with your special interest by being a part of our employee resource groups that connect Zyngites through inclusivity, culture, lifestyle and fun.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Select Your Country of Residence