AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Software Engineer, Server – Identity
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games – Central Technology! On the Identity team, we focus on shared client & server tech that drives the core authentication and identification components for games. We’re looking for outstanding engineers with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a diverse team. The position will play a key role in helping to architect and build backend services for our games.
- Design and architect new backend applications/services running in AWS
- Optimize & refactor existing services to improve reliability, scalability and to lower cost
- Document and write tech plans for new architecture/system designs
- Take a hands-on approach in architecting, writing, and reviewing code.
- Review detailed tech plans from others, aligning with the team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Proactively identify & recommend improvements to address systemic problems and tech debt.
- Follow engineering standard methodologies to ensure code quality, performance, and reliability.
- Work collaboratively across disciplines to understand product/customer requirements and propose technical solutions.
- Provide production & integration support for shared technology across Zynga games.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- Experience in programming RESTful services using Java
- Strong familiarity and experience using AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization.
- Excellent communication skills and can talk to senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Experience in object-oriented design of applications/systems
- Experience with database systems (SQL, NoSQL)
- Familiarity with containers and Kubernetes a plus
- Familiarity with GoLang, and/or Python will be a nice to have
- Experience working with external groups/teams on technical implementations and procedures.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US Employees)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canadian Employees)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US Employees)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
**Remote work from an alternate location could be considered**
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition ID: P210388
Select Your Country of Residence