AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Software Engineer – Hit It Rich
Hit It Rich! is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team! Are you ready to work on a large scale project played by hundreds of thousands of people?
As a Senior Software Engineer you'll work with our multi-faceted team on architecting slot machines and game-wide features that have a direct impact on how our players enjoy our game. You’ll also be working directly with our creative team to make sure that Hit It Rich! Is polished and performant on a regular basis.
As a team we’re committed to providing you with an exciting career that focuses on personal growth while fostering team connections. Come join us in working on games that people love to play every day!
Candidates will be developing primarily in a Unity C# based technology stack. Engineers work together with team members and jointly own the success of their features throughout the entire development pipeline. Stages include Design -> Architecture -> Development -> Testing -> Production Ramp -> live ops. You will be joining a high quality team of talented individuals that are all committed to success.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Define, architect, & develop core engine components primarily in Unity C#
- Develop, innovate & integrate new technologies and tools (working with content teams)
- Optimize code & memory for high performance
- Scope out tasks and systems, looking for future improvements
- You will be addressing critical issues on one of Zynga’s biggest game titles. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 3+ years industry experience as a Software Developer
- Strong programming experience in Unity C# development environments or one of the following: C, C++, Java, Objective-C
- Strong Object Oriented design and architecture skills
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Excellent communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide helpful feedback to team members
The following skills are considered strong plusses but are not required:
- Prior game development experience and/or experience in live ops situations
- Experience using rest APIs
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with GIT
- Facebook and other related 3rd party SDK experience
**remote work from an alternate location could be considered**
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Requisition ID: P209975
Select Your Country of Residence