AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Software Engineer – Games With Friends
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will collaborate with various disciplines like Product Managers, Game Design, UX etc. and will be responsible for implementing new features on Words With Friends. Join us as we pursue challenges developing and operating products at scale, influencing millions of players daily and support our game to achieve the highest levels of success!
- Extensive experience and strong skills with an Object Oriented language like Ruby/Rails, Java and with database technologies like MySQL
- Ability to work with other disciplines on features and tasks
- DevOps experience on Linux systems
- Experience writing highly scalable systems
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience in Git or a similar version control system
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Passionate about software engineering, easy to work with and eager to help others on your team succeed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering field with at least 5 years of development experience
- Experience working with Amazon AWS
- Prior Game Development Experience
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Frontend experience with React, React Native
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Requisition ID: P209772
Select Your Country of Residence