AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay
Zynga is looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team! Are you ready to put your ideas into the next generation of games that will be played instantly by millions? As a Senior Engineer, you’ll develop and architect critical game components and systems that directly relate to the success of our games. We are committed to providing an exciting and challenging career, centered around developing high-quality game mechanics that scale! Come join us and make games for a living. We are having a ball!
We are looking for an engineer with experience developing in TypeScript for WebGL platforms, deployed to Amazon AWS and Google Cloud. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop game mechanics in TypeScript for WebGL
- Develop, innovate & integrate new technologies and tools
- Optimize code & memory for high performance and low latency
- Work on backend support for game features using Go
You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated codebase with high levels of abstraction. Engineers work together with team members and jointly own the success of their features throughout the entire development pipeline. You will be joining a high-quality team of talented individuals that are all committed to success.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 5+ years industry experience as a Software Developer
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Excellent communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide helpful feedback to team members
The following skills are considered strong plusses but are not required:
- Experience with multiplayer game concepts and networking strategies like client-side prediction
- Prior game development experience and/or experience in live ops situations
- Facebook, Snapchat, or other related 3rd party SDK experience
- Experience with AWS, GCP, k8s and related technologies
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency childcare support
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Dog Friendly offices
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Chicago, IL
Careers Type: Full-Time